Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2017.1 and 2017.2 updates don't run when using command line switchs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kd5914
425 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2017.1 and 2017.2 updates don't run when using command line switchs

When I try to run these updates with the command line switch /Q or /passive nothing happens.  I know this works on some systems but I have atleast 2 here that it doesn't.  I'm running with Windows 7.  Anyone else experiencing this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: kd5914

Hello @kd5914,

Sorry to hear that, are you trying to apply these updates in a facility where the may have the command script disabled. Educational Institutions sometimes restrict this from users.

Please report back on your findings, thanks for posting. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: kd5914

Hello @kd5914,

I wanted to follow up with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue. 

If so, please select a response that resolved the issue and click "Accept As Solution" button to help others in the community. 

Thank you. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
steve.gear
in reply to: natasha.l

I am having an issue installing this patch on some (not all) of our workstations.  I am using the silent switches to install the patch and it seems to take a long time to load and unpack.

Can someone tell me the proper use of the /layout switch so I can extract the bundle to a folder?  I would like to run each of the bundled updates separately but when I use that switch it only extracts the Revit Update executable and not the entire contents of the update.

Thanks,

SLGear

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report