Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2016 failed to launch without error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jean-rodolphe.chhor
684 Views, 6 Replies

Revit 2016 failed to launch without error

Revit 2016 have never worked on my PC. I got always the same error message (see attached files).

I uninstalled Revit 2016 following this link :
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...
I updated my Windows 8 with  Windows update and I did Dell command update on my PC.
I cleaned my PC with CCleaner.
I rebooted my PC.
I have successfully installed Revit 2016 on my PC except "Autodesk Desktop Application".

After restarted my PC again, I launched Revit 2016 and I got immediately an Autodesk error report Revit 2016.
Please see attached error files :
- screen shoot -error message Revit 2016.JPG
- journal.0027.txt
- journal.0027.0001.dmp

I unsuccessfully tried to use Revit 2016 on my computer.
Someone can help me ?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Generally, this error is caused by something else running on your computer or a bad .DLL or other driver.

Here's a good reference of a related error that often is associated with the c0000005 error in your log:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/The-ap...

When you reinstalled, did you delete the entire Revit 2016 directory that remained, if it remained?

Also, disable your antivirus when installing and launching the first time.

Another thing you can try is to try logging in as a different user and starting it.  Or try restarting your computer in Diagnostic Mode and trying it then:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

Exhaust these possibilities and get back with us.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

I've hardly tried them but Revit 2016 didn't work. I got always the same error massage.

I've also formated my PC and installed Revit 2016 in Diagnostic Mode (Windows 7). I got the same error at launching Revit 2016.

I've tried to install only AutoCAD 2016. The installation was also failed.

Strange !!! I've no problem to install and to use Revit 2017 on the same computer.

I only got troubles with Autodesk 2016 products.

Please see attached errors log  files.

Could someone have another solution to solve this kind of problem ?

Regards

Message 4 of 7

@jean-rodolphe.chhor

Welcome to the community..

First thing..  Be careful of what you share..  I know you probably didn't know this..  But crash reports contain personal information such as your serial #.   Meaning you share your serial # with the entire world.  Smiley Wink   I will have the moderator remove the crash report zipped file to protect your information.

However the crash report is showing an issue related to having service packs installed with the installation or deployment.   How was your software installed?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 7

Hi everybody,

I just want to add some more information about this crash.

In c:\programdata\autodesk\ADLM folder, if  this "ProductInformation.pit" file exist, I launch Revit 2016 and I got Revit crash.with always the same error message.

When I rename or delete this "ProductInformation.pit" file, Revit 2016 can launch and works in viewer mode.

Does someone have solution to solve this crash problem ?

Thanks for your answer.

Message 6 of 7

I solved my problem with this solution :

1) repair Revit installation 

2) Configure IE with https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Meta-licensing.html#mtc-...

Regards

Message 7 of 7

Hello @jean-rodolphe.chhor,

Thank you for returning to the community and contributing with the information that helped resolve the issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report