Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

record of at home licensing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ddriver
254 Views, 7 Replies

record of at home licensing

I am new to my firm, replacing a previous BIM/CAD Manager

I have only a very partial list of the at home licenses that have been issued by the firm.

While I can get most of my product and Licensing information from the accounts.autodesk.com

the actual tracking of the at home licensing is not available to me.

I want to obtain all of the at home license numbers and when they expire so that I can be proactive in replacing the licenses before it becomes an emergency because someone took their laptop to a client site but could not present because their license expired.

How do I get a list of all of the home licenses outstanding against each of the 4 years, for 6 different products?

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Otto
in reply to: ddriver

Hello ddriver and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like your license has expired. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Reactivating your Expired Subscription Home Use License

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 8
ddriver

OK bot
You were way off the mark
Interesting that my choices are
Reply - when the actual from email is community@noreply.autodesk.com
Accept as Solution - when it is not even close
Kudos - when the information you sent is of no use what-so-ever

How about options like
Does Not Apply -because I am a child of the 21st century and actually know how to use google to find simple stupid answers
Way off the Mark - ok I digress, you are only a bot afterall.

David Driver

RATCLIFF | Building on our legacy to design a sustainable future
5856 Doyle Street
Emeryville, CA 94608 Dir 510.899.6410
www.ratcliffarch.com
Message 4 of 8
Darin.Green

@ddriver, The Autodesk Account Manager will not see the Home Use license expiration dates. However, your users will start getting prompted within the last 30 days of the license expiring, which they can notify you.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 5 of 8
ddriver
in reply to: Darin.Green

Yepper... to all you said...

"your users will start getting prompted within the last 30 days of the license expiring, which they can notify you."

Relies on my users to actually  notify me...instead of waiting until it is a crisis and they cannot launch their software...

Now you and I both know that in an ideal world, my users would notify me on day -29 that they needed a new license. We both know that this is not  an ideal world. and that sure enough if I am NOT proactive in recording the license dates that I WILL be getting a frantic call from a client site 5 minutes prior to an important presentation ....as a matter of fact just happened to me yesterday.

SO...I still am interested in knowing 

per product, 

per year version

what licenses are outstanding and when they expire.

Message 6 of 8
Darin.Green

I certainly understand where you're coming from about users response.

However, Autodesk Account will not show or notify you (as the Contract Manager) of license expiration dates, only contract end dates. My suggestion would be 1 of 2 things...

1. After activating the home use license, go to Help > About > Product Information and take a snapshot of the expiration date.

2. Keep an excel file handy to log the start dates of the home use license then mark them valid until 1 year from that date.

Hope that helps.

Message 7 of 8
ddriver
in reply to: Darin.Green

Absolutely, the excel file is what I am doing now.

just looking for autodesk to recognize this might possibly be information a contract manager like to harvest en mass for their contract.

Part of the issue is that I inherited the condition that this information was NOT recorded. 

Left to pick up the pieces after the fact. 

While I am going though the slow slog of bringing in the laptops and harvesting the information manually

I guess I should just take a breath and wait a year and everything will expire, allowing me to be my systematic self...hahahaha - long time to hold my breath.

thanks for your input, have a great weekend

Message 8 of 8
Darin.Green

Maybe you ca request this in one of the ideastations:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Ideas-Page

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report