Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-activate expired with a new SN

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lgs-peter
272 Views, 4 Replies

Re-activate expired with a new SN

I am ADN subscriber. Recently my old contract (3-year) expired and we ordered a new one with all new SNs for products.

The result of this is that we have to re-activate installed products with new SN and keys...All of them.

A better solution would have been to just extend the contract but I was told that they switch ADN subscribers to using eval/demo license model...

A lot of hours imposed on our company -- thousands of dollars spent and still not there yet.

This is evil, Hey Autodesk!!!! agree?

So experts, what's a a solution to re-activate Civil3D 2017, AutoCAD 2017? On 2016 products I was able to enter the new SN. But on 2017 the activation goes directly to the old SN and never gave me a chance to enter a new one.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: lgs-peter

@lgs-peter

I stole this wording/reply from my buddy @Darin.Green, so he takes all the credit for the steps..  Smiley Wink

This should help get your application working. Assuming you have a valid serial number/contract.

Close the application

Please note, folders of C:\Programdata and C:\Users\[Username]\Appdata (listed below) are hidden folders and you may need to adjust your viewing settings.

On your computer, navigate to: ​​C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\<Product_Key>_2017.0.0.F  [<Product Key> is the product key of the Autodesk Application you have]
Delete the LGS.data file.
Navigate to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ folder
Delete the ADUT folder and it's contents
Start the application.

When you start the application, it will prompt you to choose one of the following:

Login - 30 day trial or Clic licenses
Serial Number - Standalone and Single-User activation
Network - Network License server for obtaining licenses from a machine on your network

Choose the option that matches your license.

If this does not work for you then you need to perform a clean uninstall per these instructions.  Then reinstall the software.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5

Thank you Mark for helping.

I tried this and I also combined this with deleting the ProgramData\FLEXNet\ files (BTW deleting that file is very very tricky -- I had to find all the secret services and processes of autodesk and kill them all or the file is locked).

Still, I was not able to re-activate Revit 2017. It got to the one-of-3 choices. I tried #1 not working. I tried #2 it won't get anywhere for me to enter a new SN. It always finds the old expired SN.

Wonder why Autodessk did not just extend my previous contract so we did not have to experience the pain...Who cares about the license thing...just don't affect our work.

Message 4 of 5
natasha.l
in reply to: lgs-minghua

Hello @lgs-minghua,

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have included a process to remove all residual file & licensing information. 

1. Remove the licensing info folders

• C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_########_tsf.data
  • C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_########_tsf.data.backup
  • C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\**Product Key **

2. Delete any residual Program Files from these locations:

• C:\Program Files\Autodesk\**Product Name**
  • C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\**Product Name**
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\**Product Name**
  • C:\Users\All Users\Autodesk\**Product Name**
  • C:\Users\**YOUR USERID**\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\**Product Name**
  • C:\Users\**YOUR USERID**\AppData\Local\Autodesk\**Product Name**

3. Use this tool MSfixitTool 

4. Clean out your TEMP files, Click the Windows Start button, In the Run box type %TEMP% and press Enter, Highlight and delete all files. Ignore any files in use.

5. Locate the install media folder & run the .exe file  C:\Autodesk\**Product Name**\Setup.exe 

6. Activate like normal selecting "Enter Serial Number" 

Keep us posted. Smiley Happy

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 5
lgs-peter
in reply to: natasha.l

Natasha,

Thanks for replying, however,

I was expecting to avoid re-install Autodesk application (such as Civil3D, Revit).

Re-installing the latest version is not a problem, but takes a lot of our time (specially everyone need to do so).

Re-installing an older version is not possible -- it was rejected @ about 70% of installation which is just INSANE.

regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report