Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The security system (Softlock license manager) is not functioning or is...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karlibethh
1055 Views, 3 Replies

"The security system (Softlock license manager) is not functioning or is...

Good afternoon

I'm in charge of a laboratory in wich I installed AUTOCAD 2016, but in 3 of them when loading the program I get an Error message License, uninstall an again I install and I get the same message remains, How could solve this problem?auto.jpg

My e-mail address : karlibethh@gmail.com

I applied for 1250 devices License

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: karlibethh

Your post is in English, but the error message is not. Can you translate that for us?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: rkmcswain

I think the message is related to this article.   However @karlibethh your posting says AutoCAD 2016 but you image shows AutoCAD 2014.   As side note why didn't you apply for network license if you have that many educational license?

One final thing..  Its not a biggie but a recommendation..  You shouldn't  share personal information here such as your email address..  We the users will never contact you by that method and its not something that you should share in a world wide user forum.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: karlibethh

Hello @karlibethh,

The error you received is the "The security system (Softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed". Please review the system requirements for the software. Also run through the steps below: 

1. Click the Windows Start button and in the Run box type "Services."
  2. Select the "Services" node.
  3. In the services list, locate FlexLM Licensing Service and FlexLM Licensing Service 64.
  4. Right-click the entry and click "Properties."
  5. Set the "Startup Type" to "Automatic."
  6. Click "Start" to start the service and click "OK."
  7. Do this for both services. (32 bit systems may have only one service).
  8. Start the program to test.

If this does not help, either moving a data file or performing a clean uninstall and reinstall of the Program should fix the issue.

More troubleshooting suggestions for this error: 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Launch...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report