Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pros & Cons of Thin Client

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
anderson51
376 Views, 7 Replies

Pros & Cons of Thin Client

What are some of the advantages/ disadvantage of going to Thin Client?

We are meeting with a cloud computing company today for a presentation and to learn more about it....I am putting together a list of questions for them.

Thanks,

Anderson

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.vellek
in reply to: anderson51

Hi @anderson51,

Very COOL! Please add your final decision to this thread as this is ultimately going to be the direction for many of us.

I am sure that you already have a list started too but I would make sure to add:

Redundancy issues

Pipe size

How are they handling licensing?

Initial load times compared to local

Graphics handling

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @anderson51,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or if you need additional assistance or information. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 8
anderson51
in reply to: john.vellek

The presentation was good. They handled a 400mb file with no problems.

We have 30 days to test drive it, which will begin sometime this week.

I will respond back after I give it a go.

Thanks,

Anderson

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

I was going to point out that one major con is that, unless Autodesk decides to update the License Service Agreement (LSA) then using a thin client is a violation of said license agreement.  That is, of course, unless you are using Citrix XenApp, which is supported.  Smiley Wink

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
anderson51
in reply to: TravisNave

Very good point sir.

Message 7 of 8
natasha.l

Hello @anderson51,

Thank you for posting. I have included some information that will elaborate on the support & permissions required for virtual environments.

Autodesk Virtualization FAQ

Autodesk support for hosted operating system environments

Let us know if you have anymore questions. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 8 of 8
natasha.l

Hello @anderson51,

Please let us know if our information was helpful to you and "Accept As Solution" to the replies that resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community in the future. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report