Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper way to activate Standalone license with Active Directory accounts?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
gregory
647 Views, 7 Replies

Proper way to activate Standalone license with Active Directory accounts?

I am having an issue when it comes to multiple windows accounts using the same machine.

We have a windows active directory setup but, It seems only the user who was logged in when the license was activated has access. Anyone else who logs into the computer and opens up Autodesk products gets prompted to activate it again. This is obviously problematic especially as many of the users do not have administrator privileges.

What am I doing wrong? I have searched just about everywhere and tried many a thing and can not come up with a solution.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gregory

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: gregory

@gregory

When you say standalone, do you  mean a perpetual license on a maintenance agreement or term based single user license?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
gregory
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Term Based single user licenses. We do not have Perpetuals anymore.

We are using the AEC Collection.

Message 4 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@gregory

As far as I know this is not permitted on the same machine since license information is written in common/shared location.  In addition how many license do you have of your AEC Collection?  If is a single license than other users cannot be assigned to use other applications of the collection.  When the collection is assigned to a given user, they are assigned the entire collection.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 8
gregory

We have 5 licences total. All standalone.

So given that you do not believe it is possible.

what is the right course of action to take?

Thanks,

Gregory

Message 6 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@gregory

Install the applications on separate machine.  If you have 5 license how can 5 people use the same machine?

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 8
ilyas_adnm

Hi Mark,

What if the license is the old standalone perpetual license? After activating the software on the computer using one of the AD accounts, can other AD accounts use the software as well?

Apologies for hijacking this thread.

Regards

Ilyas

Message 8 of 8
Darin.Green
in reply to: ilyas_adnm

@ilyas_adnm You're replying to a 2 year old post. You should consider creating a new post.

@ilyas_adnm wrote:

Hi Mark,

What if the license is the old standalone perpetual license? After activating the software on the computer using one of the AD accounts, can other AD accounts use the software as well?

Apologies for hijacking this thread.

Regards

Ilyas

If the license is the old standalone perpetual license, it's not bound to a particular user but instead a machine.  That said, AD has no barring what so ever on perpetual licenses.  You can log onto the machine as a domain user or a local user and the software will open with the license saved on that machine.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report