Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Key Does Not Work

38 REPLIES 38
SOLVED
Message 1 of 39
macadindangsd
21610 Views, 38 Replies

Product Key Does Not Work

After putting the product key in the appropriate box of the installation process, a red 'x' mark appears on the right side of the box and the 'next' button does not lighten and therefore the process does not proceed further.

38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39

Hi macadindangsd and welcome to our community:)

Feel free to come to us whenever you have a question about your Autodesk products and services.

Now, on to the answer for your issue: 

Have a look at this solution right here to check if you are using the correct product key for your version of the software. If this does not solve your issue, please send me your serial number via private message (click on my screen name camilo.lemos and then on Send Private Message).

If this post answers your question completely, please hit the Accept as Solution button to help your fellow community members find this solution.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 39

Hello Mr.. camilo.lemos

I actually have the same problem with my product key number and I checked that it was the right one but it does not work,

I think my problem is different a bit because at first it showed a green tick indicating the key num. is correct but then, when I continued to the next step of installation  I faced a problem with the disc space and so I had to do some disc cleaning and then return to that same install window to find the key product not working!! while the serial is ok..I also faced a problem when installation ( I don't exactly know before or after inserting the key num.) I had a window appearing on my screen indicating that the program could not read my PC graphics or something like that)..

I would appreciate it very much if you would tell me how can I fix that...

thanks

Message 4 of 39

Hi colouredglass198774 and welcome to our community!

Thanks for contacting me about this.

Can you please send me your serial number and product key via private message (click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then on Send Private Message)? 

I'll have a look at your issue asap:)

Thanks!

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 39

the serial number is being accepted but the product key does not.there's a red mark that apeears by the right side of it.what's the matter with it?

Message 6 of 39
amelia09
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you! The link for the solution worked for me.
It seems that the product key which is sent to my e-mail is wrong. And when I checked my account just like the instruction said, it's different from what's in my e-mail. Then I tried the key here, it definitely works.
Message 7 of 39

I was emailed a product key and serial #, the serial # worked but the product key sent to me does not. 

Message 8 of 39
wurmwood2013
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi, Mr. Lemos.

My key doesn't work either.  All the link you posted does is tell us where to find our serial number and key.  It doesn't say what to do if they don't work.  I'm not familiar with this forum, so I don't know how to PM you.  I'm a student and my trial version will expire in two weeks.  Please help me sort this out.  

Thank you.

Message 9 of 39
ampster402
in reply to: wurmwood2013

I do not have a link handy, but product keys can be found online, it's the serial numbers that cannot be found online. Try searching. This is a very old thread to be replying to/expecting a response.
Message 10 of 39
ukdxb012
in reply to: ampster402

Hi all,

All the Product Keys you ever need can be found here... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/find-seri...

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 11 of 39
wurmwood2013

I already have a serial number and key. They were emailed to me when I
downloaded the software. When I inter them to try and register for he
software, I get a message saying the key is invalid.
Message 12 of 39
ampster402
in reply to: wurmwood2013

then I would head on over to that link and double check you were sent the correct product key. It can be a challenge trying to figure out if you need a suite key or an individual software title key. Let's start with, please provide the exact name and version of the software you downloaded. Depending on the software title you provide, don't be surprised if someone comes back here to clarify if it's an individual software title or part of a suite. Sometimes the name of the file you downloaded to install the software will be a good clue as to what you are attempting to install. Then provide ***only*** the product or cd key you were sent. That way we can also look up this information for you (actually hopefully along with you as someone has already provided the means for you to double check if the key you were sent is in fact correct).
Message 13 of 39
ampster402

ie no real Autodesk employee has responded to this message thread for a couple of yrs, so far the replies you are receiving are from other Autodesk software users like yourself.
Message 14 of 39
wurmwood2013

What link? They didn't send me a link. They sent me a serial number and a
key. This is for Mudbox 2016 by itself; not part of a suite. The key they
gave me is 498G1.
Message 15 of 39
wurmwood2013
in reply to: ukdxb012

WTF? I found the correct key (Thank you, Duncan), but now the serial number
is being rejected. I entered the serial number I was given and the new key
I found and was taken to a different screen this time where I was told my
serial number is invalid. Why wasn't I told this back when the key was
being rejected? How do I get the correct serial number if the one they
gave me is invalid?
Message 16 of 39

I have the same issue, my product key is rejected and I cannot proceed. I have checked my account and I cannot find my license for inventor anywhere! Even though I recieved a confirmation email with license in it. Please help.

Message 17 of 39
JDMather
in reply to: Tominator9000

Where did you download the software?  Be specific.  Exact url.

What do you see at http://manage.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 18 of 39
Tominator9000
in reply to: JDMather

Unfortunately I don't know the exact download url sorry. I am living in university accommodation and they use capped internet through a proxy so I am unavle to download the software myself, I got the install files from a friend who downloaded it earlier this year, I can get you the info from the files themselves if that is of any use? It is definitely Autocad Inventor 2016 for Win64 though.

Message 19 of 39

My product key isn't working.

How can i send u a personal message??

can u please give me some link?

Message 20 of 39
JDMather
in reply to: yashwantheja00

What product are you trying to Activate.

Search Google for Autodesk Product Keys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report