Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio does not start after Windows 10 Creators Update

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mvigerske
1673 Views, 8 Replies

Print Studio does not start after Windows 10 Creators Update

Hi,

I tried to install Print Studio on my Win10/Creators Update PC. Did not work, the Windows Service "Print Manager" does not start. I moved to another PC, with Win10 / NO Creators Update. Did work! I installed the Creators Update... the service failed to start and Print Studio can not find the print database.

Very likely this is the problem. Also: I am using the german version of "Windows 10 Education" 64 bit.

Greetings

Martin

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: mvigerske

try rolling back the OS

it looks like Microsoft will need to fix this problem

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
mvigerske
in reply to: DarrenP

No, rollback is not an option, I will wait for a fix from Autodesk or Microsoft. Don't need the software today.

Message 4 of 9
kyaele

I am also having this issue. Has any communication with Microsoft occurred?

Message 5 of 9
dembkod

mvigerske,

Hello. Windows Creator Update seems to be affecting different programs in different ways. Print Studio seems to not be different from this pattern.

I would at least try the basics for installing. Turn off Antivirus, reboot, probably update graphics drivers too. Hopefully this can be addressed sooner than later.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 6 of 9
natasha.l

Hello @mvigerske,

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue if not take a look at this post on Windows 10 Creators Update & Defender

Keep us posted on your progress & please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 7 of 9
mvigerske
in reply to: natasha.l

No, that did not help. I told Defender not to block the Autodesk Folder or the Print Manager executables, I reinstalled the newest VisualC and deinstalled and reinstalled all of them - no effect. The Print Manager Service is still noch starting with the message "no error message. internal windows error or internal service error." (freely translated from german)

Greetings

Martin

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hello, I also was so stupid to install the creators update. But that's not it: I deleted the rollback-files of windows because I didn't think about testing the Print Studio. I already spent 3 days of installing, uninstalling, editing and installing services and so on. I'm pretty sure that the print manager is causing the problem, but when I try to start it manually the print manager starts. Now my only problem is that the installation of print studio seems not to be possible without the print manager installation and verification. Is there a way to install it without (re-)installing print manager? At the moment I also would appreciate a way to generate a printable g3drem-file with another tool/program. Anyone can help me here? I am not able to build my ideas with my ideabuilder. That makes me sad. Greetings from Germany! Christian
Message 9 of 9
dreamingwhale

I have a similar issue too. After Creators Update ı couldn't launch fusion 360 and uninstalled it, but can't reinstall now, Because After download Fusion 360 Client Downloader and try to run it, the streamer can't have a good connection to download it , I turned off the defender too but the problem is still same. I don t know what to do! 😞 trying to fix it for 3 days

is there any other link to download fusion 360?

7.png

and this screen is constant nothing is downloaded or changed

6.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report