Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plain vanilla AutoCAD Licensing woes

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ted_Hadden
295 Views, 4 Replies

Plain vanilla AutoCAD Licensing woes

Hey Folks,

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but I don't have time to read an encyclopedia of information on the site here with my schedule.

Sadly, I have a user who has been given a version of 2015 Plain Vanilla AutoCAD without my knowledge, (not that I'm anyone,) and I'm not really sure how it got done, but this user installed a version of our AutoCAD from the network and when it came time to authorize the license, his tech set him up as a stand alone using the product key.  Now for whatever reasons, after 30 days of his using this arrangement, the AutoCAD has expired.

How does one go about getting back into the licensing and networking setup so that the stand alone can be changed to query the corporate license server for a key?

I appreciate your help and understanding in advance and look forward to your timely replies.

Respectfully,

Ted Hadden

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Ted_Hadden

You will simply need to reinstall and point to your license manager.  The 2015 version doesn't have the convenient license switch like 2017 has.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: TravisNave

@Ted_Hadden

Please review this article.  Sometime this registry hack helps without the need to reinstall.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 5
Ted_Hadden
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis, I suspected that might be the case before I posted, but I was hoping someone knew something more than what I assumed.

That will be the likely solution.

To Mark, I found that post also in a brief check of the forums after posting ... and having thought it over, while other registry hacks from AutoDESK "in the know" types have worked,  I wasn't sure where this came from and aborted the idea of trying.

Again I appreciate everyone's immediate responses.

Respectfully,

Ted Hadden

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Ted_Hadden

Thanks Ted.

The registry hack used to work flawlessly before 2010.  I used it religiously.  But not so much anymore.  Some people have had luck with it, but if you spend too much time on it, reinstallation becomes the faster choice.  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report