Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Installer for Fusion 360

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
bossdoomslayer
49171 Views, 12 Replies

Offline Installer for Fusion 360

At our school we would like to install fusion 360 using our educator account.

The problem is that the Fusion downloader is just that, a downloader and as such requires network access.

Unauthenticated machines are not allowed internet access. (No user logon = no internet)

We would like to deploy this to a couple of labs.

Is there an existing offline installer for this software that I have missed on the website?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Otto
in reply to: bossdoomslayer

Hello bossdoomslayer and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you are stuck at the activation/installation step while attempting to download software, or are having problems with starting your software immediately after installing. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Communication Failure message during download and installation - Note that this article also provides alternate downloading and installation methods.

Application Manager Update stuck at installing

In order to manually activate your software (in cases where the activation appears stuck), please refer to Manually Activating Your Autodesk Software.

If the activation window is not displayed, others have resolved this by completely uninstalling and reinstalling their software. Please refer to How to Remove all Software from a Windows System for assistance.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 13

@bossdoomslayer I think you're a little confused... Fusion 360 is a Cloud-Based service which you will be given access to when you sign up. The download is just a plugin to the cloud environment which is where everything takes place.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 4 of 13

Although Fusion 360 is a cloud based application as @Darin.Green pointed out it still requires installation files to be placed on each PC from the internet.  So as the OP was indicating, no account means no internet access in their environment.

So to answer the OP's question I don;t think there's a downloaded extraction that will run offline like other products offered by Autodesk offers.  In addition Fusion360 updates are automatically pushed out for the internet when you launch the application.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 13

I'm also looking for a way to do an off-line install.

I am well aware, that to actually work I'd need internet connection. I do have that available, but it's a metered connection (as in 'pay per MB used').

The amount of data necessary to work from a cloud environment is absolutely acceptable, considering it's a few hundred kilobytes per save, while a 1GB+ download - isn't.

Also, as far as I've heard, there's no way to defer downloading updates or installing them. Is that so?

greets,

Marek

Message 6 of 13
m_latz
in reply to: biasedlogic

Marek,

may be there you can find what you search:

https://dl.appstreaming.autodesk.com/production/installers/Fusion%20360%20Admin%20Install.exe

And here a link to info:

http://me3d.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/fusion-360_lab-installation-instructions_anz.pdf

In the pdf you find also info about updates.

Hope that is what you've searched.

regards

Markus

Message 7 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @bossdoomslayer,

Thank you for posting on the forum. This is true, Autodesk does not offer a Fusion 360 offline installer. I have some information on how to use Fusion 360, and work in offline mode.

Please refer to this link: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How...

I hope our information was helpful, if so please select a response that resolved the issue and click "Accept As Solution" button to help others in the community. 

Message 8 of 13
biasedlogic
in reply to: m_latz

Hi Markus,

that's almost what I need 😉

It seems perfect with only one catch: it needs elevated privileges, as it wants to setup Fusion for all users.

Wouldn't be a problem under normal circumstances, but I due to certain policies it is extremely hard to get any software maintained in such scenario as here. Fusion warns explicitly that it will need an update every few weeks just to keep running. Getting Admin account access (with the policy overhead) each time kinda kills the fun, and shouldn't be necessary (per-user installation is possible without Admin).

Thanks!

Marek

Message 9 of 13

marek.lewandowskiH4MGF wrote:

Hi Markus,

that's almost what I need 😉

It seems perfect with only one catch: it needs elevated privileges, as it wants to setup Fusion for all users.

Wouldn't be a problem under normal circumstances, but I due to certain policies it is extremely hard to get any software maintained in such scenario as here. Fusion warns explicitly that it will need an update every few weeks just to keep running. Getting Admin account access (with the policy overhead) each time kinda kills the fun, and shouldn't be necessary (per-user installation is possible without Admin).

Thanks!

Marek

I'd have scoped the install to be on startup of said machines - that way the machine account which has appropriate access can install fusion 360.

That is what we are doing here, and is why when combined with the firewall the installer will not have internet access for the initial resources.

We have a script which all we need to do is increment the version and it will cause an update on existing machines - pending a restart and the admin install being up to date.

Message 10 of 13
daniel.zdenek

Hello,

please, can you update link to Offline instalation for MAC?

URL don´t exist: Link

Thank you!

Message 11 of 13

Message 12 of 13
marek

Dzień dobry,

dziękuję za możliwość zainstalowania offline Fusion 360. Od miesiąca mam drukarkę 3d. Dotychczas pracowałem z programem SketchUp free + plugins. Wasz program daje mi szansę lepszego projektowania elementów technicznych.

Jestem amatorem, hobbystą - elektronika, 3D...

Pozdrawiam,

Marek Szwed.

Message 13 of 13
vishnumaiea

You saved the day! The official Autodesk support person says there's no offline installer and yet here we have a link to download the same from their own servers. What an irony! Why does these corporate people understand the basic needs of the users! Oh wait, they never do right ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report