Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
496 Views, 10 Replies

Not given license

I am in an educational facility that offers a class using inventor pro. As such I am sopposed to be allowed acccess to free downloads of said program as the School I am at (union county college in NJ) is part of the educational comunity. I was forced to install the thirty day free trial in the meantime as for some reason every attempt at getting the license has failed. I have tried for a couple of days redownloading the program so that the license would give me the serial number. I have activated my account and was told to do so again after reiceiving customer service. My comuter is fairly new, has space for the program as i have downloaded the 30 day free trail in the mean time and have used the schools email acount. I am stuck as i have no clue wat to do otherwise. I need the license simply for a serial number. It also does not show up under the products in my account. 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Shakiell.acevedo and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you have not received an activation email. Sometimes the email can be accidentally routed to your spam or junk folder. Please check there.

Also, please note that you should be able to access your download and activation information by logging into Autodesk Accounts.

If you need to download software, please go to the Virtual Agent.

If none of those items helped, please submit a support request as follows: 

Students should request to have the confirmation email resent via this form.

If you are having trouble with your Autodesk Account or an eStore purchase, please visit our order support page where you will be able to chat with a representative or submit a support request.

Did that work? If so, please accept this solution so that others can benefit from this information. If not, please reply with additional details so that other community members can assist.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Otto

The problem is that i did recieve the activation email. I followed the steps given but was not able to obtain the license even though i did activate the acount. Afterwards i called customer service and was sent the email once again to activate and once again followed the process and it did not work. On manage my acount it does not say that i have access to any products. When i click on products it loads and nothing apperas. Im at my witts end and would really like some solution. 

Message 4 of 11
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:
...Im at my witts end and would really like some solution. 

Is this for school computers - institutional license?

Or is this for your computer - student(faculty) license?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Its for my personal computer as I'm in an online class. However, none of the other students have experienced this problem according to my online teacher.
Message 6 of 11
JDMather

I don't understand why the delay in being assigned a Serial Number is a problem.

Simply follow the instructions and run in 30-day trial mode while you wait.

Sometime in the next 2 - 3 (or 4) weeks check back to retrieve your Serial Number.

(Did you use a special character like @ or # or % in your password for the student community website?)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Normally id agree with you which is why i had done that exact thing. the problem is I've already waited through half the trail period and i need this for another three months. Without this program I'm not able to get any of my assessments done. As the trail period comes closer to ending it motivates me to find it. As for the password no i did not.
Message 8 of 11
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:
... the problem is I've already waited through half the trail period .....

You should include ALL information in original problem description.  You did not include this information in your original problem description.

I will have to search around (you could do the same search) to find the contact link for the student community license issues.

Did you already try this link from the Bot above?

https://autodesk.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I apologize. I put all of the info that i thought I put down all relavent information.
Message 10 of 11
JDMather

You didn't answer my question -

Did you already try this link from the Bot above?

https://autodesk.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/ne​w

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

No i haven't ill try that now

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report