Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New License file - Not being read by LM Tools

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Stephm419
499 Views, 11 Replies

New License file - Not being read by LM Tools

I have an existing working LM Tools configuration.

I got a new license file.

I put it into the directory and overrode the existing.

I look at the status and the licences are still being distributed like the old file.

How do I update LM Tools?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Stephm419

@Stephm419

First question..  Did you stop the license server prior to pointing to the new license file?  Stop and start the service.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Mark is right.  You have to stop/start or at least reread the LIC file.  And depending on the version of your LMTOOLS, you might need to update it too or risk 0.0.0 or other errors. 

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

I also have a Screencast on how to update the NLM in just a few minutes.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 12

I think this will work.

However, can I do this while people are working?

Or should I wait until later?

Message 5 of 12

@Stephanie.Marshall

This can be done at anytime.  Low impact to the users.  Users poll or ping every so often.  But there's a risk if something is not right when the new license takes over.

Is @Stephm419 and @Stephanie.Marshall the same person?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 12

Yes. I am both. Stephm3 was made a long time ago.

I will wait until end of day.

Message 7 of 12

Thank you !!!!

It worked just as it should.

Message 8 of 12

Hallo Zusammen,
ich habe das Problem, das auch bei meinem LMTOOLS die neue .lic Datei nicht eingelesen wird.

Ich habe den Dienst vorher auch gestoppt, dann die neue .lic Datei ausgewählt und dann den Dienst wieder gestartet. Dennoch wird immer noch die alte .lic Datei benutzt.
Hat jemand noch einen Tipp? 

Message 9 of 12

Hello everyone,

I have the problem that the new .lic file is not read in with my LMTOOLS either.

I also stopped the service before, then selected the new .lic file and then started the service again. However, the old .lic file is still used.

Anyone have any tips?

Message 10 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: Jan.KupperLQUGN

did you update the license manager?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
Jan.KupperLQUGN
in reply to: DarrenP

Was genau meinen Sie damit?
Ich benutze LMTOOLS Version 11.12.1.0 unter Windows Server 2012 R2Ist
das Problem?

Message 12 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: Jan.KupperLQUGN

11.12 is very old

the latest version is 11.18

try updating to this version: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-network-license-manager...

which may or may not work on Server 2012

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report