Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License Lost During Work Sesssion

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
egleaves
2939 Views, 7 Replies

Network License Lost During Work Sesssion

This is happening on a regular basis to one (and only one) of our network users.

In the middle of an AutoCAD session a dialog box pops up stating "Your license is no longer available" and the user is forced to close AutoCAD and lose thier work.

I'm able to keep them working by having them borrow a license, but then that's one less license available to the rest of the crew.

Our IT guy tells me this has been happening to this one user over the course of several months, 3 computers, and 2 physical locations.

This is AutoCAD MEP 2014; Service Pack 1.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Capture.JPG

-egleaves

ACAD MEP 2014
REVIT MEP 2014
Windows7 64bit

Every cloud has a silver lining; except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: egleaves

Are you familiar with the LM config, the number of licenses available, if there is an OPTions file, etc.?

Is someone checking the log files and/or looking at the status at the moment this happens?

Are other network communications being interrupted too?

Just trying to get some more info.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
egleaves
in reply to: rkmcswain

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the License Manager....yet.  We have recently undergone a "staffing change" that has left LM, amongst other things, in the hands of myself and our IT person.  Neither of us are well versed on it, but we're learning by neccessity.

I will have to spend a little time learning more about LM config, OPTions, and the contents of the log files.  Thank you for pointing them out.

As far as we know, there are no network interruptions happening.  I would expect that we would see this issue with multiple users if it was being caused by the network itself, but it's just one person.

-egleaves

ACAD MEP 2014
REVIT MEP 2014
Windows7 64bit

Every cloud has a silver lining; except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium 90.
Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

the network issues might be with this 1 computer

might be a bad NIC Card or a bad cable , a bad port on the switch

is it losing "packets" from the server when pinging?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
egleaves
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

the network issues might be with this 1 computer

might be a bad NIC Card or a bad cable , a bad port on the switch

is it losing "packets" from the server when pinging?

3 computers and at least 2 physical locations, but the issue persists.

-egleaves

ACAD MEP 2014
REVIT MEP 2014
Windows7 64bit

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

What kind of computer is the license manager installed onto?  If it is a workstation like Windows 7, there is a concurrent connection limit.  Also, do not use DHCP with a license manager server.

Otherwise, you can also try to relieve this issue with system environment variables.  ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE and FLEXLM_TIMEOUT

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8

Is this your problem?

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/05/your-license-is-no-longer-available.html?utm_sour...

We are getting it as well. After a license is borrowed and the borrow period expires, the license can just stop working even though the computer is on the network and can see the license server. I think it's a new problem with 2014.

I suspect a restart might make it go away, otherwise just borrow and return the license once to clear the cache.

Message 8 of 8

@stephencowling6059 wrote:

Is this your problem?

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/05/your-license-is-no-longer-available.html?utm_sour...

We are getting it as well. After a license is borrowed and the borrow period expires, the license can just stop working even though the computer is on the network and can see the license server. I think it's a new problem with 2014.

I suspect a restart might make it go away, otherwise just borrow and return the license once to clear the cache.

Thanks for the link.  We recently had this issue pop up as well when we had to take our license server off line and everyone checked out a license to continue working.  Now everyone keeps getting this error.  I'll try removing the registry key and see if that fixes it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report