Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network license could not be obtained Error 0.0.0

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
7813 Views, 9 Replies

network license could not be obtained Error 0.0.0

I have a single server Network License for Education for Autodesk 2016 with the nework license management tool setup on my server and running.

I downloaded and installed the full package onto a Win 8.1 machine, which was used to make our image for the other 8.1 machines. (i.e. I did not create a deployment, I installed the software on one machine and duplicated the image

When I try to run the software, I get the following error message:

A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager.

If you are still unable to access a license, contact your system administrator.

Error [0.0.0]

After clicking okay I get this error

The software license check out failed.

Error 20

Any ideas/ suggestions are appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello swolcott and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you’re receiving an error: "Contact your administrator to request permission to use this product". This error occurs due to not have permissions assigned. The following articles should help you resolve the problem:

"Contact your administrator to request permission to use this product."

Desktop Subscription customers get “Establish an internet connection to continue” error at login

Quick Start Guide: Setting up your Autodesk Desktop Subscription Software

Did that work? If so, please accept this solution so that others can benefit from this information. If not, please reply with additional details so that other community members can assist.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: Otto

you need to be running at least Flex LM 11.12

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you for the quick response. I am running v 11.12.1.4.

Any other ideas?

Message 5 of 10
DarrenP

did you confirm Flex LM is seeing the licenses correctly?

run a status enquiry on Flex LM

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

It is.

I have found the issue, When set up the installation, it has you "enter the name of the server that will run the Network License Manager". In going back through my notes, I realized I entered the wrong server name.

The question has now changed to: Is there a way to change the server name on the local machine, post-installation; or do I have to redo 300 laptops? And do I need to make that question a separate post?

Message 7 of 10
DarrenP

yes you can use this

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-specify-license-se...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
administrator

Hi,

Reinstall your LMtools to the latest version 11.13. It will work, you will be required to uninstall the previous versions(LMtools) on your server.

LMtool 11.13

Message 9 of 10

And what if that didnt work? Any suggestions? 2018 versions are getting licenses fine, but not 2019.

Message 10 of 10

Nevermind, The service must not have stopped on the uninstall of the old version. After installing the new version, I had to force a service stop and restart the service, then all was good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report