Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to switch license type from Education to FIRST Mentor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
arajamani
779 Views, 5 Replies

Need to switch license type from Education to FIRST Mentor

Hello,

I presently hold an account using my old school email. However, I need to transition this account to one that can be used for the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC). Autodesk claims to offer licenses to FRC teams but I cannot find a way to transition my account over. I can't find a support line to call or an email to talk to either. Is there anyone out there who has had a similar issue or can help me with this?

Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: arajamani

An EDU license cannot be changed/transitioned to any other type of license, or reactivated by those no longer registered with Autodesk EDU as a current student/faculty/school. Sorry.
Message 3 of 6
leowarren34

Hi @arajamani,

There isn't a FIRST Robotics license type as competitors would typically be students, any mentors can register as a mentor or have their account type changed to such, which still falls under Autodesk Education.

See here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/terms-of-use/en/general-terms/educational-licensees-additional-term... 

Since you mentioned you would be mentoring this can be changed by reaching out to educational support: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/contact-support 

Hope this helps.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 4 of 6
arajamani
in reply to: leowarren34

Thank you for trying to help, glad to hear that it is possible to register as a mentor. Unfortunately, it looks like the Contact Support link you posted doesn't do anything except show this screen over and over again regardless of options:

arajamani_0-1641363889932.png

It appears that Autodesk has no real support line whatsoever, which is surprising given its size. It feels like this is an extremely simple thing to change my account type from Student to Educator/Mentor, but given the lack of support, I may need to open yet another Autodesk account just to get access. If this is really the reality I can no longer recommend Autodesk tools to the teams I work with - there's too much risk of a mentor permanently losing access and being unable to fix the problem. 

Message 5 of 6
leowarren34

Hi @arajamani,

Creating a case is reaching out to support - that's how education support is handled.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 6 of 6
arajamani

Unfortunately support was entirely unhelpful and my issue cannot be resolved. I have no choice but to create a new email address solely to get a license as a mentor and delete my existing Autodesk accounts. Thank you to those who tried to help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report