Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naviswork Licensing Error (Not during install)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stuartGAQQP
1188 Views, 3 Replies

Naviswork Licensing Error (Not during install)

Recently, Navisworks has stopped working and I receive the following error message and Navisworks shuts down - "Licensing Error" and "Error 9 occurred when requesting license information".

This has not occurred during installation - the programme has been working previously. 

Any help is appreciated as we urgently need to use the programme. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@stuartGAQQP

Welcome to the community...

Is your Navisworks a standalone/single user license or based on a network license?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4

It's a single user license.

Message 4 of 4

@stuartGAQQP

Thanks for the update..   Perhaps Autodesk is having an issue authorizing it because every time you launch the application and you have a live internet connection it checks the authorization and resets the 30 day authorization counter.

But here's what you can do...

I stole this wording/reply from my buddy @Darin.Green, so he takes all the credit for the steps..  Smiley Wink

Close the application

Please note, folders of C:\Programdata and C:\Users\[Username]\Appdata (listed below) are hidden folders and you may need to adjust your viewing settings.

On your computer, navigate to: ​​C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\<Product_Key>_2017.0.0.F  [<Product Key> is the product key of the Autodesk Application you have]
Delete the LGS.data file.
Navigate to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ folder
Delete the ADUT folder and it's contents
Start the application.

When you start the application, it will prompt you to choose one of the following:

Login - 30 day trial licenses
Serial Number - Standalone and Single-User activation
Network - Network License server for obtaining licenses from a machine on your network

Choose the option that matches your license.

Good luck and let us know if that resolved the problem.  If it doesn't you may have to log a support case with Autodesk.  If other posting pop up about this than its an indication Autodesk is having an issue at their end.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report