Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox 2017 on MacOS Sierra

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ajcgi
894 Views, 5 Replies

Mudbox 2017 on MacOS Sierra

Hi 

I'm trying to install a trial of Mudbox on MacOS Sierra. I have been on your page, downloaded the installer and run appropriately.

However, after going through the whole install process, the install fails at the last hurdle saying "Installation failed on exit."

I have a late 2014 27" retina iMac and the latest MacOS.

I've also tried installing as root user with the same result. I need this software installed very very soon!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: ajcgi

@ajcgi

@ajcgi wrote:

Hi 

I'm trying to install a trial of Mudbox on MacOS Sierra. I have been on your page,

Its not our page..  It belongs to Autodesk.. Smiley Wink  This is a peer to peer network where users are helping users like yourself.

Next the 2017 version doesn't support Sierra.

Finally its just probably failing due to the method you using..  However that's the only option you have to install from..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6
ajcgi
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

@Mark.Lancaster wrote:

@ajcgi

@ajcgi wrote:

Hi 

I'm trying to install a trial of Mudbox on MacOS Sierra. I have been on your page,

Its not our page..  It belongs to Autodesk.. Smiley Wink  This is a peer to peer network where users are helping users like yourself.

Next the 2017 version doesn't support Sierra.

Finally its just probably failing due to the method you using..  However that's the only option you have to install from..

Ah apologies. I'm gonna blame AD there for making their site layout as clear as Mud...box. 😉

Thanks ever so much for your reply Mark. I was trying lots of different things.

Not a day goes by working in VFX when I question the logic of Autodesk. If it doesn't support Sierra it surely supports Windows 7 so I'll just use it in Bootcamp I guess. Daft question but did the 2016 version support Sierra?

Yeah the install method is straight forward. I've tried using Alt-click to see if opens extra menus or whatever. Ultimately it's kind of a next, next, next, accept, install kind of deal.

Message 4 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @ajcgi,

Please review the system requirements below. 

System requirements for Autodesk Mudbox 2017

Operating System

• Apple® Mac OS® X 10.10.5 Yosemite and 10.11.x El Capitan operating system

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 6
ajcgi
in reply to: natasha.l

Thanks very much Natasha. Are there plans for Mudbox to support Sierra in the future? I heard rumours that Mudbox will be discontinued by Autodesk soon.

Message 6 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @ajcgi,

I can not speak to that as there is no formal announcement regarding either one of these issues. When Autodesk makes a formal announcement regarding issues like these I will update the I&L board. 

Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report