Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables preventing the installation of Inventor.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aniketbinwademc
2362 Views, 2 Replies

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables preventing the installation of Inventor.

Every time I try to install Autodesk Inventor 2017, it fails and the installation log files say:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64)	Failed	Installation aborted, Result=1619
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86)	Failed	Installation aborted, Result=1619

Now I searched through the internet, and the solutions I have been seeing are to uninstall all the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables that are causing the problem. The only issue with the fix is that I use another Microsoft coding program known as Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013, which I'm guessing requires the 2013 Redistributables. So if I delete the 2013 Redistributables, there would be problems with Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013, which I don't want. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@aniketbinwademc

Welcome to the community...

Please provide the entire installation log file.  Meaning the failure could've existed before that.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3

@aniketbinwademc

To resolve the issue you're having, uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++ version newer than 2011. Once they're uninstalled, download the software (All Parts) from the Autodesk Virtual AgentWhen the download is complete, double-click part 1 (this will also extract all other parts as well) to begin the installation process. The other MS Visual C++ apps will get installed along with the Autodesk application.

If you need assistance downloading from the virtual agent, here's a video:

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report