Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mental Ray renderer installation issues for Maya 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Elcono
9192 Views, 7 Replies

Mental Ray renderer installation issues for Maya 2015

Hello everyone,

I have yet again ran into an issue with Maya 2015. I am using Maya 2015 SP 3 Student License and today I have tried to install the Mental Ray renderer for maya but no success so far.

- I have downloaded and installed both, Standalone and Sattelite versions because I didn´t know which one was the correct one.

- Then I downloaded mental_ray_for_Autodesk_Maya_2015_SP3_Win.msp from the Autodesk Maya 2015 Service Pack 3 page.

- I installed it and after opening Maya and checking "Always Loaded" in the plug-ins for Mental Ray. I kept getting some kind of a saving  error every time I opened Maya which would eventually cause maya to crash.

- So I uninstalled both the Satellite and Standalone versions as well as the file from the service pack 3 page.

- I tried to reinstall both the satellite and standalone versions BUT, every time I try to run the mental_ray_for_Autodesk_Maya_2015_SP3_Win.msp file I get this message:

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because

the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a

different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on

your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

Am I doing somethng wrong or is the Mental Ray plug-in not available for Student versions?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Elcono
in reply to: Elcono

Update: Issue solved. For anyone experiencing this problem I solved this by going to C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Maya_2015_R1_dlm\x64\MentalRayPlugIn and running the installer. After that the Application manager downloaded and installed the latest update and Mental Ray now works fine in my Maya 2015 Student version.
Message 3 of 8
JorgeIO

Just to chime in, I was having the same problem and after following the instructions followed by Elcono I was able to run the installer for Mental Ray SP3 for Maya 2015. There were a few differences in the process though:

1. The folder location for the mental ray plugin executable was slightly different in my case: C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Maya_2015_dlm\x64\MentalRayPlugIn.
  2. The Application Manager didn't download any updates for me. I had to download the Mental Ray installer and run it myself.
  3. Even though it seemed to fully install, I can't activate the Mayatomr.mll plugin in the plugin manager. Every time I try I get this error:

// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2015/plug-ins/Mayatomr.mll
The specified procedure could not be found.
// 
// Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found.
(Mayatomr) //

So I've managed to reinstall Mental Ray for Maya, but I still can't use it as the plugin refuses to load.

Message 4 of 8
j.qarlsson
in reply to: JorgeIO

I had the same issue and tried to manually install the latest service pack for Maya 2015.

"The Specified procedure could not be found. (mayatomr)" etc

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-maya-2015-servi...

Now it works just fine. 🙂

Regards,

Johan K
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Solution for Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found. (Mayatomr) My solution after searching a lot in Internet and copy and paste a lot of dll's and plug in inside of maya was: Download the MENTAL RAY FOR AUTODESK MAYA 2015 SP4. When I re opened my maya I can active the plug in without the error. http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/files/maya_2015_service_pack_4/mental_ray_for_Autodesk_Maya_... Note: I guess that first you must to install the maya service pack 4 http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/files/maya_2015_service_pack_4/Autodesk_Maya_2015_SP4_Englis... Greetings and I hope that works with you
Message 6 of 8
j.qarlsson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey!

Yea, I installed the servicepack 3 when that was the latest. And since then I've installed sp4 as well!
But it did take some time to figure it out.

Regards,
Johan Karlsson
Regards,

Johan K
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JorgeIO

Thank you. It works just fine now.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same error: 

// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Program Files/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2015/plug-ins/Mayatomr.mll The specified procedure could not be found. // // Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found. (Mayatomr) //

I have installed SP, no luck, nothing works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report