Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
timo.gundacker
2170 Views, 4 Replies

Maya on Lion

Hello Autodesk Team, I wanted to install Maya on OS 10.7 Lion, but actually it tells me that the installation failed. When will there be a compatible versin available?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bielskj
in reply to: timo.gundacker

Hi timo.gundacker,

As of now, there is no update on when Maya is going to be supported to run on Max OS 10.7.  Autodesk and Apple are still working on a solution to this problem.  Please visit The Area discussion forums for future updates.  You can also check the Maya Updates and Service Pack page .

If this answers your question, please accept this as a soluiton, so that other can benefit from this answer.

Lucio.Bielski
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
dom_film
in reply to: timo.gundacker

I am utterly STAGGERED to learn that more than nine months after this was first posted (and heaven only knows how long before that when the software was under development) that *STILL* Maya does not work with Lion.

Staggered. There are too many apps that need Lion to run, I HAVE to move with the times - even if Autodesk can't

All I can say is thank goodness I was donated my copy , and have only wasted 4 months waiting for it, instead of £3000 paying for it.

Any multi-million dollar company that has taken almost a year to (not) manage to get its software working on a major creative/production operating system like OSX has some serious organisational questions to ask itself. Period.

Tags (4)
Message 4 of 5

I agree. I watched the Autodesk 2013 webinars last week with them preaching that they listen to users and want to make their lives easier, how can they not have a patch ready yet for Lion OSX? It's nearly 2 years after the operating system was first announced. I noticed that Maya 2013 is Lion OSX ready - why can't they use that patch for Maya 2012? Perhaps they're hoping that us Apple mugs will waste the money we paid for Maya 2012 and fork out a load more cash on an upgrade so we can use it on our Lion based Macs. Think it might be time to take advantage of the Cinema 4D competitive sidegrade.
Tags (2)
Message 5 of 5
ianim8
in reply to: whynoliononmaya

Folks back in the day (and even today), you would have to run software on the software for years even during upgrades.

Avid was notorious for that. Of late they have been up to date with Lion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report