Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya lt and Maya education license

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
585 Views, 4 Replies

Maya lt and Maya education license

Hello there I am currently a student using maya educational license but I do want to start some freelancing so I am thinking about buying maya lt license. My question is can I still use maya education license in order to create demo reel and stuff or my education license would cancel if I buy a maya lt license?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

You can obtain the Maya LT commercial license under a new Autodesk Account.  Do not use your educational account to do this.   In addition you will need another machine for Maya LT because you don't want to mix educational and commercial license on the same machine. And finally you will need to recreate everything you created under educational from scratch using the commercial license if you are going to use that data.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

So the thing about recreating everything is that I can totally understand(obviously I cannot sell objects made in educational license) But I only have one PC and don't own multiple laptops or pc. Would it be a problem if I install maya lt in the same computer as maya education license?

Message 4 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

To me it doesn't matter but if you have a commercial and educational license on the same machine and you get audited by Autodesk you could be fined.  Its a risk that you would have to take if you wanted both on the same machine.   And if you infect your commercial license data with the educational watermark (by mistake you saved a client work in the educational version), well your client could be fined as well..   Is it worth the risk?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

So I should hold my freelance dream for now thanks for your help 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report