Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya doesn't work with nvidia Quadro P2000

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
porcam
4214 Views, 14 Replies

Maya doesn't work with nvidia Quadro P2000

I am having the same problem.

I just bought a Quadro P2000 workstation card to upgrade from my geforce 650ti ... now this pascal workstation card is leagues better than my old 650ti... but I get NO improvement in maya at all.

I'm running maya 2015 for school, but there is no change in framerate or performance over my geforce card.  viewport 2.0 is super slow and will not use vertex animation caching.  It's not working.  

Am I to understand by the response to the problem is to re install maya?
I'm trying service pack 4 and will test and report back.

running some other tests have shown major improvements in other programs so its not my card... it's specifically maya.  and it's not my one scene ... its the same in every scene I open. which leads me to believe it's maya.

I'm running the most recent quadro drivers on my video card... what seems to be the problem?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
porcam
in reply to: porcam

yeah... service pack 4 didn't help anything.

Message 3 of 15
natasha.l

Hello @porcam,

Welcome back to the forum. Have you also made sure to Assign the correct Graphics Card Step #8 of this article. 

Report back on the progress. Smiley Happy

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 15
porcam
in reply to: natasha.l

Unsuccessful.

I updated my bios. updated my chipset drivers, quadro drivers to the most recent version.  added it to a profile... messed with the GPU cache settings in maya. none of those things worked.

my computer info is 
Asus Motherboard p9x79 pro (LGA 2011)
core i7 3930k processor

16 GB RAM

samsunG SSD 256 GB

Nvidia Quadro p2000 (driver version 381.65)

windows 10 64bit

Maya 2015 SP4

I just don't get why I see no performance increase or even a performance change at all.  and why animation caching doesn't work at all.

Message 5 of 15
natasha.l

Hello @porcam,

Have you gone into your Nvidia Control Panel indicated in the article I provided, Assign the correct Graphics Card Step #8 .

How about a Reset to defaults

Nvidia_Control_Panel.png

Message 6 of 15
porcam

the nvidia control panel no longer looks like that or has that option

this is how it looks now

I have changed that setting from "auto" to quadro P2000
as well as set up a specific application profile just for maya and neither had any effect.

a bit more clarification
Navigating in viewport is wonderful and buttery smooth... but upon playback framerate drops to 10 fps, and in viewport 2.0 even less... and won't cache the animation as it is supposed to, even once vertex animation cache is set to "hardware"

last night I also reset preferences and scripts folders as I read that that could cause viewport slowdown, also an unsuccessful attempt.  

also attached is a pic of my viewport showing what is in my scene and the polygon count. there aren't a ton of polygons at all 15,000 tris is nothing for a quadro card.  I figure it has something to do with the animation information needing to play back... but like I said it should be caching it... and I really don't think this is that intense of a scene.

Message 7 of 15
natasha.l

Hello @porcam,

Yours is Windows 10 mine in Windows 7 that's not a problem. 

Try locating the tabs in this image go to "Select Program to Customize" in the drop down pick Maya etc. and hit "Apply".  

Nvidia_Control_Panel.png

Open Maya and check that the p2000 was applied. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 8 of 15
porcam

I did that ... please see attached images 

Message 9 of 15
Ognyan

Did you managed to get it fixed?

Kind of confused going to a pascal p4000 now.

Message 10 of 15
porcam
in reply to: Ognyan

I have not figured out the problem.  I have however isolated it to Maya.  I'd be interested to know if you are using 2015... and If you upgraded your video card to a p4000, if you have the same issues.  Also the other programs I have tried run buttery smooth (unreal engine 4 and others) Id be curious to know if your other 3D programs run fine or not.

Message 11 of 15
Ognyan

Sorry for the delay.I still havent bought it but will inform when i do.Have you tryed to run the gpu in

-default legacy viewport?

-change from dx11 to open gl?

The gpu shoud work and i doubt its a drivers thing as i used a quadro k4200 on maya 2012 and this gpu was made 2 years later after maya 2012 and performance was awesome.(still may complain to nvidia too and ask to fix the drivers as its a expensive gpu with a stiker on top ¨¨IT WOrKS¨¨

If the above 2 options dont help,try to see how much % of your gpu is used in maya when working.(some monitor like gpu z shoud show if the gpu is doing its work or being idle).

And poke autodesk more about the issue as they have the habit to stay silent and you payed big $ for this.

Message 12 of 15
albertogatto1990
in reply to: Ognyan

Hello people,

I was interested in this post because I'm about to buy a new card for my pc. I work as a character animator but i'm not really good on this kind of tech stuff. I have a i7 from intel, 8 GB of Ram and now I need a new video card (my last one was not mine so I needed to give it back).

I work on maya 2015 and my budget is around 500/550 $ and I don't know which card to go for. I repeat: I'ts just for animation, not rendering or modelling.

Ciao!

Message 13 of 15

@albertogatto1990

This type of question should really be asked in the Maya forum where the actual users of the products are and would give you better advice there.  Anyhow there's limited Maya users here that support this forum.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 14 of 15
Ognyan
in reply to: albertogatto1990

For 550$ i think you shoud be able to find/maybe negotiate a litle a ¨¨older gen¨¨quadro m4000 from ebay(still better than a p2000) or a new amd wx7100.Shoud be more than enoug.

Message 15 of 15
alberto.gatto90

Hello there,

it's been a while since my last reply. I was wondering how you solved the problem. i attended your same school but didn't have so heavy rigs (spring 2011). At the moment I'm running the p2000 on a windows 10 with 16 GB of ram and i7 processor. It seems that in certain scenes the playback speed is choppy and slow (fps around 16 instead of 24). I think it's a problem is the compatibility if our GPU. How did you solve the problem? Let me know!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report