Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2022 Install Failed - No Error Code, Windows 10

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
9759 Views, 12 Replies

Maya 2022 Install Failed - No Error Code, Windows 10

Maya 2022 install is failing with no error code. Gets to 4% then fails.

JoshQuake_0-1619049209349.png

Tried the both the web install and offline install, same thing. Also tried taking ownership of C:\Program Files\Autodesk, and reinstalling VCRedist 2015-2019.

Attached logs.

Labels (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thank you for sharing your logs. I have reviewed them and what I see is that you are receiving a system privileges error: 

2021-04-21T16:38:19.347 [DDA: 2204, single] [Installer INFO] [ Autodesk::DDA::PLHandler::PLHandlerImpl::ExecuteProcessLauncher ] Process launcher is either launched, or privilege elevation was denied

2021-04-21T16:38:19.564 [DDA: 2204, single] [Installer DEBUG] [ Autodesk::DDA::PLHandler::PLHandlerImpl::LaunchProcessWithAdminPrivilege ] The errorCode is: 0
2021-04-21T16:38:19.564 [DDA: 2204, single] [Installer DEBUG] [ Autodesk::DDA::PLHandler::PLHandlerImpl::LaunchProcessWithAdminPrivilege ] LaunchProcessWithAdminPrivilege command: C:\Users\jwake\AppData\Local\Temp\download_dest\2997013399234803965\Setup\install_manager.exe

Follow these steps: 

1. Restart the machine
  2. Sign in as Administrator (with full control permissions)
  3. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC
  4. Verify full control permissions by right-clicking the named file & folder in the error message, locate "Properties" then "Security" it should be set to full control permissions 
    1. The software needs Administrator rights during installation & at first launch after installation.

Users must have Full Control permissions read/write to all folder locations below:

• C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local
      • C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming
      • C:\ProgramData\
      • C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles
      • C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\CommonFiles
  5. If you continue to have issues create a New User Profile (with full control permissions)
  6. Then try installing Maya 2022 again, by double clicking C:\Autodesk\Maya_2022_Win_64bit_dlm\Setup.exe 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Tried the above and it didn't fix anything, but I did figure it out. I had first installed Maya 2022 through AppsAnywhere (for University) before seeing they said not to use it. So when I uninstalled Maya from AppsAnywhere, it didn't uninstall its version of Autodesk Licensing Service which was causing issues.

Found it in Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared and uninstalled it and deleted all left over autodesk files, and then Maya 2022 successfully installed.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

I'm also having an issue installing Maya 2022 for a user.  None of these things help resolve the issue.  I've tried installing via the Desktop App and downloading from the website.  Both always give "Installation Error".

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

I have an art test for a job application I need to do, and am facing this same issue.  None of the suggested steps have worked for me and it doesn't seem to even generate a setup log in the temp directory to try and see where it's failing.  It gets about 20% through unpacking the install and then fails.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

So autodesk hides in MANY locations. Here's the rundown:

First uninstall anything from programs and features
Then use Microsofts Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter and uninstall anything that says Autodesk and Maya
(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-r...)

Then go through ALL of the following folders and look for any uninstallers BEFORE DELETING FILES. This part was crucial and a pain in the ass to solve on a classmates pc because he only deleted the files and didnt do any of the uninstallers.

C:\Program Files\
C:\Program Files\Common Files\
C:\Program Files(x86)\
C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\
C:\Program Data\
%LocalAppData%
%AppData%

If this doesn't solve it, sorry I don't know.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

None of the above methods are allowing me to install Maya 2022

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I have tried everything. No error message. Nothing. It will simply not install

Message 9 of 13
stefan

Unfortunately same happens on my end too. More than 10 distinct computers (distinct hardware, Windows 10 all of them) I have tried to install on Maya2022... No error massages. It does not install.

Message 10 of 13
office

It's a shame that after so many time the issue is not fixed.

I have tried to install Maya 2022 many times (at least once per month), including considering to clean / fresh install on a fresh / clean install of Windows 10. 

The issue is still present. I'm unable to install even the most recent version (update 3) that is a full install product launched in December 2021.

Message 11 of 13
micareefennmurray

I had issue installing on Win11 I had to go back to Windows 10 installing for Maya 2022 that worked for me maybe the opposite works I wouldn’t know none of it makes any sense at all

Message 12 of 13
gabrielonuche3365

I get this whenever I try installing Autodesk Maya
"product download consist of multiple files.
at least one file is missing or not downloaded yet"
how do I solve this please?...
Message 13 of 13
mdavis22569

@gabrielonuche3365   

So your Browser is blocking the other files

Go to AVA and download it

Ava.autodesk.com

See how it has 2 parts

mdavis22569_0-1667497980994.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report