Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 installation failled, error 1603 & no Autodesk Desktop Licensing service

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Dautryl
1178 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2020 installation failled, error 1603 & no Autodesk Desktop Licensing service

Hi there!

Kind of there, I can't manage to install Maya 2020, it always ends up with a 1603 error:

AutodeskInstaller_2020-11-19_021.jpg

I also notice I don't have the Autodesk Desktop Licensing service at all:

Dautryl_0-1605814493521.png

Though I have tried the recommended installation procedures, manually installing the service, and tried all three of Mayas install options, tried clean uninstalls, as suggested here.

But here I am...

I put the installation logs here, hoping it helps.

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dautryl
in reply to: Dautryl

I feel stupid and a bit ashamed writing part of an answer now considering I've been on this issue the whole day.

I managed to get the service back:

• browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing
  • execute uninstall.exe with administrative rights
  • wait a while
  • execute the service installer AdskLicensing-installer.exe

For the first time since I tried to run this guy, it actually showed a window indicating installation state and finishing on an "installation complete" message. Made me happy.

I'm not sure why it worked this time, I did so many things I don't remember exactly when I did what, I only know what I did.

So I run the installer I have downloaded via browser, as administrator, hoping that's the end of it.

Edit: heck it worked... Well... I hope this topic helps someone, one day...

Message 3 of 3
vamsi6876
in reply to: Dautryl

Thanks mate, that worked for me. After installation I was unable to sign in through Autodesk ID, then I have installed Adsso ("Autodesk Single Sign On Component (AdSSO) Update for 2020 & 2021 product versions | AutoCAD 2021 | A...) and it everything is great.

Products: Maya 2020.3, Maya 2020.4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report