Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 installation failure

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
srb2001
2972 Views, 9 Replies

Maya 2017 installation failure

Hello,

Trying to install Maya 2017 on my Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit pc.

Previously successfully installed Maya 2015, Maya 2016, and Maya 2016 Extension2.

Uninstalled Maya 2015 from the machine, uninstalled all previous versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 thru 2015 from the machine per instructions for installation conflicts from Autodesk Knowledge base.

Also, per online instructions, downloaded Autodesk_Maya_2017_EN_JP_ZH_Win_64bit_dlm.sfx.exe from my Autodesk account page, using the browser download option.

Ran the executable, which gave this log after failure to load Maya 2017, Arnold for Maya, and Autodesk Desktop App.

Installation log attached, "Maya2017Setup.log".  Note how the installation was truncated upon attempted installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64).

So I again deleted all of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable files from my system, and instead ran the executable received from the Autodesk Download page, "Autodesk_Maya_2017_wi_en-US_Setup_webinstall.exe" which runs "Autodesk_Maya_2017_wi_en-US_Setup.exe".

This time, although it appeared that a full installation of Maya2017 completed, the installation returned the failure to install window with the more extensive log "Maya2017Setup2.log".

At first glance, it appears that "AdUcrtInstaller.exe" didn't work during installation.  Could this be the culprit?

TIA,

Steve Boyer.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Otto
in reply to: srb2001

Hello srb2001 and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you are seeing the following error: Error: Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86). The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Error: "Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 install failed, Result=-2147024546"

Error installing Microsoft Visual C 2010 Redistributable package: Generic trust failure.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 10
TravisNave

Install	Autodesk® Maya® 2017	Failed	Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the Virtual Agent by following the directions here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/download/download-previous-versions...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 10
natasha.l

Hello @srb2001,

As @TravisNave mentioned using the Autodesk Virtual Agent should correct the issue. 

If you are using a download now or install now you want to try a more effective method called browser download via the Autodesk Virtual Agent and prepare your system to prevent an issue. 

• Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit Enter 
  • Temporarily disable your Antivirus software & Firewall
  • Temporarily disable UAC:  Windows 7Windows 10

Keep us posted. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
srb2001
in reply to: TravisNave

My goodness, Travis (and Natasha).  The Virtual Agent worked!

The executable seemed to be a clone of the one that I downloaded from my Autodesk account page, using the browser download option (that gave the truncated installation failure).

Why the difference??!!

Thanks!!

-Steve Boyer.

Message 6 of 10
akhihegde12

Hi,

I had installed through virtual agent once. Due to some system problem I had to uninstall Maya. So now I am trying to reinstall but not able to. Getting error leke 

Installation complete. Some products failed to install.

I have tried uninstalling Microsoft visual C++ 2005, but I have higher versions of the same.  I have proper serial number and product key. So please help me to install Maya 2017.

I use windows 8, 4GB RAM, 64 bit pc And is it sufficient ?

Do I download again the whole Maya Software and run  each and every time I get error OR can I re run the software which was downloaded ?

Please help me to install.  Thank you.

Message 7 of 10
srb2001
in reply to: akhihegde12

3 helpful things for me:

Delete any current Maya 2017 installation.

Uninstall ALL Visual C++ versions from your system first. There could
be a conflict with previous Maya installations.

Only install using the Virtual Agent webpage.

You also might upgrade your RAM -- typically Windows 64-bit utilizes 8Gb
minimum. This shouldn't interfere with your installation though.
Message 8 of 10
akhihegde12

Thank you for your replies. But I could not install problems though I
followed your steps. Please go through these snapshots of my installation
process. And let me know where I have gone wrong.

Regards
Akhila
Message 9 of 10
srb2001

Please follow the technical advice given by Travis and Natasha earlier in
this thread for successful installation.
Message 10 of 10
srb2001

Please follow the technical advice given by Travis and Natasha earlier in
this thread for successful installation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report