Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAYA 2016 student License keeps crashing randomly (Win7)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gabrielpwv
351 Views, 3 Replies

MAYA 2016 student License keeps crashing randomly (Win7)

Hello,

I´ve recently installed the maya 2016 student license in my windows 7 and it crashes randomly. Already reinstalled twice. Same problem.

Please help!

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: gabrielpwv

Hello @gabrielpwv,

Welcome to the community. Sorry for the inconvenience. I understand the Maya keeps crashing. Please run through these common fixes to see if they resolve this issue.  

1. Make sure you have an updated graphics card driver on the manufacturer's website (Assign the correct Graphics Card - Step #8)
  2. Operating System has the latest updates based on the  system requirement for the software 
  3. Update your product with the latest service pack or Hotfixes by visiting the Autodesk website or account
  4. Locate the install log or Control Panel for Microsoft Visual C++ have properly installed
  5. In Windows Start, delete unnecessary items in the Windows Temp folder, but do not delete the Windows Temp folder itself. You can locate the Temp folder by entering %TEMP% in the Search bar of Windows Start
  6. Temporarily disable antivirus & firewall, use Task Manager to "End Task" feature to end the anti-virus software or other items that could be running in the background
  7. If the above does not resolve the issue continue & try Clean Uninstall of the product and downloaded via Autodesk Virtual Agent and install the product again

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 4
natasha.l

Hello @gabrielpwv,

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue. 

Message 4 of 4
okithoks

Try this. Switch Evaluation modes (from parallel to DG) in the Preferences window (Editors > Settings/Preferences > Preferences > Animation > Evaluation).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report