Explorer
2 Posts
1 Kudo
Post 1 of 17
Accepted Solution

Maya 2015 Installation progress stuck

9866 Views, 16 Replies
06-11-2014 04:09 PM

Hey, I just dowloaded a Browser Download from Maya 2015.

Now Im trying to install it, everyting starts ok but then when I get to step 2 of 7 remainig, it just stops!!!

I don't know what's wrong. I get no error or any kind of message it just stops.

Im on windows 8.1, my specs are more than enough. 

Can anyone help me please!!??

MayaCapture.JPG

The process is not stuck, it is downloading additional content and depending on your connection speed and the amount of data to download, it may take a considerable amount of time.  I have literally seen it take over 8 hours in some instances.  Be patient and let it run.  In fact, let it run overnight if need be.  But do not continually cancel the process or it will think it is partially installed and you will have even more problems getting it working.

AUTODESK EXPERT ELITE
12472 Posts
1394 Kudos
849 Solutions
Post 2 of 17

Re: Maya 2015 Installation progress stuck

06-12-2014 07:31 AM in reply to: luis_hoppe

The process is not stuck, it is downloading additional content and depending on your connection speed and the amount of data to download, it may take a considerable amount of time.  I have literally seen it take over 8 hours in some instances.  Be patient and let it run.  In fact, let it run overnight if need be.  But do not continually cancel the process or it will think it is partially installed and you will have even more problems getting it working.

Explorer
2 Posts
1 Kudo
Post 3 of 17

06-12-2014 02:23 PM in reply to: TravisNave
Oh man! A little warning or something would have been nice.
Well, thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it. It finally finished after a couple of hours.
Community Visitor
1 Post
Post 4 of 17

07-19-2014 08:24 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Really glad to find someone else experienced this problem.

Mine has given me the estimated time of 2969 days and 4 hours remaining.............. so......... Am i going to actually have to wait that long?

I'm learning for a new job..... they might not want me byt the time it has installed! ha ha!

Community Visitor
1 Post
Post 5 of 17

08-08-2014 04:52 PM in reply to: luis_hoppe

Mine is doing the exact same thing. It would be helpful to have a redesign of the installer to see what is being installed and its progress. The generic progress bar is not very informative. 

here is my stuck screen.. 4 of 15 remaining forever.

Community Visitor
1 Post
Post 6 of 17

08-13-2014 06:26 PM in reply to: luis_hoppe

I and a number of my students have the same problem downloading the educational license of Maya 2015.  We receive this error, then it shuts down.  I have had students drop the class because they were so frustrated.maya2015error.jpg

Autodesk Support
653 Posts
82 Kudos
84 Solutions
Post 7 of 17

08-13-2014 11:20 PM in reply to: bunsel

Hi @bunsel

Welcome to the Community. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

The error typically is caused by the anti-virus software running on the computer. You may try disabling the anti-virus during installation as described in this Autodesk Solution:

Error: "Source file not found: 93437458-FD45-41D9-8F2E-8B4F60CF9356.dll" 

Thanks, 

Jeffrey Sin
Community Visitor
2 Posts
Post 8 of 17

01-27-2015 05:57 PM in reply to: bunsel

-->Bunsel

I had the same error about the source file not found, but that's an easy fix! 
I tried to attach the file to this post but I can't since it's not the right file type Smiley Sad 

It's probably deleted by virus detection (happened to me) Undo this or do the following: 

Use the search function to search for the file in the C:\Autodesk map 93437458-FD45-41D9-8F2E-8B4F60CF9356.dll )
The exact same file occurs multiple times so you will find one in a different map that has not been deleted. 
Copy and paste the file to the following destination: 
C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Maya 2015\x64\Maya\Autodesk\Maya2015\plug-ins\bifrost\bin\precompiledGraphs

This solved my problem, I hope it solves yours 
xoxo 

--> About it being stuck, I just waited a very very long time and that did the trick 

Explorer
7 Posts
Post 9 of 17

01-31-2015 12:34 AM in reply to: juliettepetra

Hi, I tried that, apparently my avast premier AV deleted all copies of that file, silently, couldnt find it anywhere.  What else could I try?

Community Visitor
2 Posts
Post 10 of 17

01-31-2015 02:58 AM in reply to: 3DGUY117

Is it still possible to retrieve the file from the avast virus chest? 

(In case you haven't done before: Avast --> rightclick on the buttons --> add virus chest as button --> rightclick in the file --> restore file & make sure avast doesn't delete it again by making it an exception)

Otherwise I could send you the file by email

Although I think Autodesk should come up with a more permanent solution for future installers

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Community Alert

The Autodesk Community Forums, Blogs, and Idea Boards will be in read only mode starting on 2/12 at 9PM PST through 12PM PST on 2/13. Please see the following for more information: Site Maintenance Notification

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Announcements
Community Alert | The Autodesk Community Forums, Blogs, and Idea Boards will be in read only mode starting on 2/12 at 9PM PST through 12PM PST on 2/13. Please see the following for more information: Site Maintenance Notification