Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maya 2015 installation error(student version)

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
kendall.w12345
4352 Views, 16 Replies

maya 2015 installation error(student version)

i keep getting maya error codes 1603 and 1619 when i do install now and i cant use browser download because it keeps saying file corrupted error so install now is basically my only option and ive tried uninstalling then reinstalling microsoft visual c++ 2005 but that still doesnt help does anyone know the answer to this?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
TravisNave
in reply to: kendall.w12345

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 17
ryan_r
in reply to: TravisNave

I used the virtual assistant. When I click 64-bit, it starts downloading the OSX version. Can Autodesk fix this??

Message 4 of 17
jessica.t
in reply to: ryan_r

Hi @ryan_r,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We're working on a fix now. In the meantime, please use the trial to download. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 17
kendall.w12345
in reply to: TravisNave

tried virtual agent and got this

Message 6 of 17
jessica.t

Hi @kendall.w12345, try using a different download method. That usually resolves the error. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 17
paqart
in reply to: jessica.t

I spent almost a month trying to get Maya 2015 to install, using all three methods offered: install now, download now, and browser download. Finally by (what seemed to be) a miracle, it installed. Until then I was getting errors with all three download types: file corrupted error, connection lost-sign in again, this file is already in the queue. However it did finally install. I thought that was the end of it, but no, I had no UV editor. As an educator that has to teach students how to edit UVs, I needed that thing. Another week of effort tells me it is related to a plugin called Nightshade that I actually don't have on my computer. Supposedly this tool causes the exact error I had, but I didn't have the program. Requests for help went nowhere, so I finally decided to actually install Nightshade and (by a miracle) that solved the problem instead of the other way around. So now I have to make a Maya 2015 format demo file for students and I have to save it. However, I can't save anything! Do I get an error? No. There is no feedback. There is a dialogue box with no dialogue and two buttons. I assume this is the standard "this is a student copy of Maya. If saved from this copy, the file will etc..." so I click 'enter' without knowing for sure what is going on. There is an audio warning and then another empty dialogue with one button shows up. I figure this is the 'are you sure?' dialog and hit'enter'. Problem solved? No. There is no file generated. I tried every permutation I could think of: selecting one button, or the other one. Using the tab key to change buttons or the cursor (which has changed to 'busy') and changing file format from .ma to .mb. No luck with any of these things. So, at the end of my rope, I reinstalled Maya 2015. This is about the 20th time I've done it this month, so I wasn't too happy to be doing it again. No luck.

Then I uninstall Maya completely, deciding I would just install from scratch by downloading it again. However, I am now stuck in download/install hell. When it tries to install now (on the couple of occasions it gets that far) it says it can't find a file called nightshade.ma and quits the install. Where is that file supposed to be coming from? Isn't this a fresh install? Did someone let their kids play with the code? Is this a practical joke? If I was a commercial customer I would just give up on Maya right now, but because I have to use it to teach Maya I have to solve this problem. The amazing thing is that I'm not the only one with these issues and all of them are show-stoppers. How can a program like this be released with these problems? 

AP

Message 8 of 17
UndeadYogurt
in reply to: paqart

Having similar problems, though I haven't been at it for a month...yet...

Receiving, after a host of other problems, "file corrupted error", and am completely unable to proceed beyond this.

Their support repeats the same answer to this and similar issue with "download using the autodesk virtual agent", which unfortunatlely has the same or similar problems. How is an organization functioning if the download from their site is bad and they have a second method that is supposedly "good", and this is all their support staff knows how to tell you?

In another chain one support staff told the person with a problem with Microsoft Visual C++ dlls to uninstall, and when that didn't work, she gave the customer a link to a mac OS file...and when she was told that obviously woudn't work, nothing...

For this I can only conclude that while the software may be amazing (it is!), the part of the organization that manages downloads is incompetent, and the support staff is not trained sufficiently in this issue.

I don't expect an answer any time soon, but please, if you would, anyone know how to resolve this issue of "file corrupted error" when trying to run the self-extracting files?

Message 9 of 17
jessica.t
in reply to: UndeadYogurt

Hi @paqart,

We appreciate your feedback and concerns but you may want to try posting these comments in our Autodesk Maya community . There Maya experts will be able some insight! Thank you!

Hi @UndeadYogurt,

Have you tried any of the following steps to help the file corrupt error?

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC

Do you have a support case open? Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 17
priyapb
in reply to: paqart

Same. I am a student and need this installation at home to work. I've tried every possible way of downloading and installing multiple versions and have had a multitude of errors (many of which are listed here already), and in the end - NO SUCCESS. I've had to resign to handing in things late or incomplete because of installation issues.

Seriously - is this a joke to point out that nothing in life is free?? My time is precious and I've wasted too many hours trying to install this. Dont offer free software if it does not work, and you will save many people a lot of hassle. I am not inclined to use Maya because of this, and therefore not inclined to use it when I graduate. I don't want to pay thousands of $$ for a licence that might not install! 

Autodesk: SORT YOURSELVES OUT. 

Message 11 of 17
kosrich
in reply to: priyapb

This is ridicilous. 

I've spent hours away from my work trying to sort this same problem out. I've followed all the instructions and nothing is working. I have NEVER and I mean EVER had any problems with firewalls or blocked ports, downloading software even with the use of several otehr common download managers, but this is just a joke. And I also can't do a browser download because I don't have a product key to log in to the subcription centre with. 

This system is extremely flawed and makes a process that should be as easy as click / install a crazy  hastle. Who decided to implement this system? It is absurd. Thank you autodesk for making this a thousand times more complicated than it has to be. 

Message 12 of 17
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: kosrich

Hi @kosrich, 

If you have an EDU Account and you have already downloaded a Student License from there, a Serial Number and Product Key is automatically sent. 

You can download the Product from our Virtual Agent and refer here for the Product Keys 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 13 of 17
e1126483
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hey,

Had the same issues like the rest of the people posting here, but was able to find a way how to install Maya 2015 student for win64.

The problem was that some employee decided to split up the executable that will get downloaded if you download the "Browser download".

There is a second small part of the executeable which you can find if you follow the link of the joane (virtual Agent).

The file is stored in Download Links -> Maya Products -> Autodesk Maya -> 64 Bit Part 1 I Part 2.

Thought i post that here, so someone in the future can save some time on this...

Message 14 of 17
priyapb
in reply to: e1126483

?Hi Thanks for posting. Its been a while and I should have updated the post. A few weeks after posting my rant, I managed to figure this out and install maya 2015 successfully, SP5 updates and all.

🙂
Message 15 of 17
DrRaed

This is rediculas. Seriously. I've been using Maya since 99. And every version comes with a tirrible bug. The new error bug is the worst. I tried all the solutions posted from the clock, to the anti virus, to the services to sp5 and reinstall. Nothing works.

Message 16 of 17
jessica.t
in reply to: DrRaed

Hi @DrRaed - Sorry to see that you were having trouble with your Maya installation, however I did see your other post that another user was able to assist. If you need anything else please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 17 of 17
terrymaya
in reply to: priyapb

The experience you have stated is exactly like the one I've encountered. I emailed Autdesk for help and received a link back to the page which does not help me at all. It is an indirect way of saying : "figure it out yourself". I am an art student trying to use the software, not an IT person trying to work through why your software keeps giving me an error 25 message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report