Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
kellyfam4real
737 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2015 activation

Ok so i downloaded maya 2015 yesterday and got a serial number and product key to use for it. After it ws finished installing i went to activate it and guess what? My serial number isn't working. So i emailed the customer sevice department which responded rather quickly that told me i have the wrong serial number for my product and when i provide the correct one to email them back. Only i can't, the only information i have on 2015 is the one they have provided me with. I took screen shots of the email and sent it too them to prove that this was the information they gave me, and guess what again. I got the same exact email telling me to provide them with the correct information. Live chat is busy and im not even sure if autodesk has a support number so i'm at my last resort posting here out of shear anger that its so hard to activate this product despite the serial number given to me.

This is a student license.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lynn_zhang
in reply to: kellyfam4real

Hi @kellyfam4real Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your student license. Upon checking your account I can't see the Maya 2015 license under your account. Did you download it from Education Community? Or somewhere else? Please make sure you download it from Education Community and then the 2015 serial number will be generated for you. Can you please try it again and let us know if it works?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 3 of 3
HUNTERTEA
in reply to: kellyfam4real

Hey Kellyfam4real,

I just had this happen to me and I'm also extremely frustrated. In my case, I paid for a monthly subscription and downloaded Maya with ease. Upon activation (like yourself) the serial number didn't work. I tried coping and pasting, I tried typing it manually, and I even tried re-downloading Maya. Upon digging through Autodesk's poor 'virtual support' system that they have, I finally stumbled across a page saying that my product serial number doesn't match my country of purchase, which makes no sense because I sure didn't buy the product from one country then tele-port myself to a new country within a matter of an hour.

I need this serial number to work within the next 24 hours because I have a client that is expecting a quick turnaround. I hope they don't give me the run around like yourself.

Maybe this helps narrow down the issue.

good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report