Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 full licence activating as a student licence.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
afisherart
377 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2014 full licence activating as a student licence.

Hello,

I have tried multiple times to install Maya 2014 on my laptop using different installers from autodesk and virtual agent. Every time I install the Maya 
software, it thanks me for purchasing an educational license and opens as a student version.   I have a full licence bought from a reseller, and confirmed by customer support.  

The licence works fine on my desktop, has for two years, but not on my laptop.  I had a student edition on the laptop just before I upgraded to full, and I'm wondering if this is causing a problem. I am uninstalling the software according to the autodesk user guide on their site.

Customer support has provided me with two different installers, and asked me to install offline. Nothing.  Still launches as a student version.

Anyone have a clue what could be causing this? 

Thanks,

-Andy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: afisherart

Yeah, you have to remove the Student licensing first.  Follow the directions here, then reinstall.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-products/cle...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
afisherart
in reply to: TravisNave

Hey Travis,

Thanks for the help, but still no luck.

I tried the method you listed, and another one on Autodesk's knowledge
network already. Still launching as a student edition.

Any other ideas? I'm getting pretty burnt out here.

-Andy

--
Andy Fisher
www.AndyFisherArt.com
linkedin

Skype andy.fisher.11
Message 4 of 4
afisherart
in reply to: afisherart

Anybody else have any ideas as to why this could be happening? 

I tried this:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-products/cle...

And this:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/topics/installation-activation-licensing/get-ready/remove-products/rem...

And tried installing them both online and offline.  I would really like to use the product I paid a small fortune for.

I'm using Maya 2014 on a Windows 8 machine.

I've tried customer service chat, but they just keep sending me the same install link and shurgging their shoulders.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report