Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxscript Callback Script Exception Error, 3DS 2017! Please help!

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Kynamite
22088 Views, 16 Replies

Maxscript Callback Script Exception Error, 3DS 2017! Please help!

I get this error every time I try and open up 3DS max 2017! I did use it previously a few weeks ago and this time when I open it up it gives me this error and I can't do anything in the programs work space! Help me please :(! I tried uninstalling, deleting the files and that hasn't worked. Ill stick a few screenshots of what the work space looks like and the error message!

Thank you.

Maxscript Callback Script Exception --Known system exception
--Address: 0x64e03600; nCode: 0x00000000C0000005
--Desc:EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
--Read of address: 0x0000000000001128

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Darin.Green
in reply to: Kynamite

Have you tried updating your graphics card driver? If not, please install the latest driver from the vendor website for you card.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 17
Kynamite
in reply to: Darin.Green

Yes it's updated to the latest update and it's a GeForce gigabyte xtreme
Message 4 of 17
Darin.Green

Open the registry editor and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

Once there, check the LoadAppInit_DLLs key and make sure the value is set to 0.

To open the registry editor:

1. Go To START type REGEDIT and hit the enter button on your keyboard.
  2. Then you can navigate as you would in windows explorer.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 5 of 17
treximagery

I am having the same issue, but my registry entry that you list there is already "0". Still doesn't work. It happens when using the RebusFarm export script inside Max 2017.1.1.

"rebus.ms:4*** -- Known system exception
-- ########################################################################
-- Address: 0x0; nCode: 0x00000000C0000005
-- Desc: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
--       Write of Address: 0x0000000000000000
-- ######################################################################## ***"
Message 6 of 17

moi aussi J'ai le même problème, mais mon entrée de registre que vous avez listé ici est déjà "0". ???????
Message 7 of 17
keithmcveen
in reply to: treximagery

Have you or anyone here actually solved this problem?  My registry entry is also already at "0"... I'm having the same exact problem with rebus and I have been in contact with their support for months trying to solve this and nothing is working.  They have told me I am the only person who has contacted them with this problem, so I was surprised to find this thread.  If anyone has any solutions let me know ASAP please!!!

Message 8 of 17
malwalikal

am also having the same problem in 3ds max 2017 even in windows 10 and windows 8.1 as here attached below and also tried also tried the solutions proposed in above but it's value is set to 0 by default. if any one have got any solution please reply me.

Message 9 of 17
malborges
in reply to: keithmcveen

@keithmcveen wrote:

Have you or anyone here actually solved this problem?  My registry entry is also already at "0"... I'm having the same exact problem with rebus and I have been in contact with their support for months trying to solve this and nothing is working.  They have told me I am the only person who has contacted them with this problem, so I was surprised to find this thread.  If anyone has any solutions let me know ASAP please!!!

I changed from “0” to “1” and solved the problem

Message 10 of 17
Kynamite
in reply to: malborges

The only thing I could find to solve it was to do a full reinstall... Sucks
but literally couldn't find a fix
Message 11 of 17
RobH2

I've been plagued with this too and can't figure it out.

The only way I can get around it is to restore a known good version of the ENU folder.

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2018 - 64bit\ENU

I saved it off in another directory. Something in it becomes corrupt every other day or so. When it happens I navigate to the ENU folder and delete it. I then copy in the good one and I'm going again. It's a pain but it's better than reinstalling and then redoing all of my customizations. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 17
mbreidt

Coming back to this old thread as it still seems to be relevant for 3ds Max 2020 in some cases.

Can someone please explain what the underlying cause is? What does that registry key do?

Searching for it, it sounds like a Windows mechanism to automatically load DLLs with every process but what has that got to do with 3ds Max? I even found references to malware, so some clarification would be really nice.

Thanks!

Message 13 of 17
larryminton
in reply to: mbreidt

Since it a mxs callback exception, I would first try displaying all the registered callbacks to see what is registered:
callbacks.show()

Compare that to the output from a good max install and see what the differences are.

If occurring at startup, then possible places a bad callback could be registered are from 3rd party plugins, .ms/.mse files in the plugin folders, or a persistent callback registered within the maxstart.max file.

I just added a task to add better messages when an exception occurs in a callback, so you would know what the callback being run is.

Larry

Larry Minton
Principal Engineer, M&E-Design Animation
Message 14 of 17
mbreidt
in reply to: larryminton

Thanks Larry!

In fact the issue I am investigating has the same error code but it is not related to a callback (is it?):

-- MAXScript ExecuteMAXScriptScript Exception:
-- Known system exception
-- Address: 0x4e38a615; nCode: 0x00000000C0000005
-- Desc: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
-- Read of Address: 0x0000496972D57601

The MXS stack trace points at a line similar to this:
fileproperties.addproperty #custom "somepath" someStr

Why would an addproperty call cause this?

Message 15 of 17
biaktemax
in reply to: malwalikal

how to fix ,maxscript callback script exception in 3ds max 2017

Message 16 of 17

Hi, I was having this problem and I did everything that every one suggested in all websites but it didn't work.

So I just thought maybe the problem is not from the 3dsmax and it's from my windows. So I installed "winfix" for windows 10 and fixed all problems which it detected and now my 3dmax works well agian and this error stopped to appear. So I just thought it can help you too. 

Message 17 of 17
crysevastopol

From russia with love 
I have little present for us my dear 3d Workerks!
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/xxx-xxxxxxxx-i-am-getting-maxscript-...
OR!

change INITIAL HEAP ALLOCATION (Mbytes) From 15 to 256 and your problem disappeared (Customise - Pref

Best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report