Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material editor crashes in revit 2017

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
161 Views, 2 Replies

Material editor crashes in revit 2017

I'm working with Revit 2017 Student version. It works properly but it crashes when I try to select material editor, from type editor or directly from Material editor. Monitor goes black and following message is showed: "Window kernel media driver error 341.92". CPU get extremely warm and program shut down.

I would like to know if there is any tested solution for this bad behaviour. And How could I fix it.

I have the following pc characteristics: Intel Pentiun i5-2500  3,3 GHz with 16gb de RAM and OS: Windows 7.SP1. and Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

I use to work with others design programs and It never happened to me.

I try with "Go to "R" (Application Button) -> Options -> Graphics -> Hardware Acceleration -> Uncheck the box and click OK." but it doesn't work to me.

Than you very much in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

Message, monitor goes blank and getting hot all point to a graphics card or PC issue.   I would make sure all of your vents are free of dust, the fans are spinning and make sure the graphic card is properly seating if its not part of the motherboard.   In addition you may want to create a Windows restore point and uninstall/install your graphics drivers again or update them.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
sureshchotrani
in reply to: Anonymous

Try resetting Revit profile 

Navigate to and delete the following directories:
* C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 201x
* C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 201x

Open the registry editor (Start > Type REGEDIT hit enter)

Delete the following registry folder:
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 201x

Once those are deleted, restart Revit again. Let me know if this helps or if we need to look at something else.

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report