Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Maya 2015 Trial after attempted upgrade

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dave
328 Views, 2 Replies

Locked out of Maya 2015 Trial after attempted upgrade

I downloaded the Maya 2015 Trial for Mac about three days ago — ultimately I'm trying to decide whether to buy and learn Maya or C4D. But I was seeing some buggy behavior with my trackpad (gestures not refreshing viewport), so I thought I'd try to upgrade to SP5. (The trial is SP1.) The instructions said to uninstall first, so I did that.

Upon launching the reinstalled Maya, I was greeted with a dialog that said I had to Activate with a full license. "Run" was disabled. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, reinstalling the original trial version. No luck. I contacted Autodesk chat support, who had me uninstall and reinstall some more, once with my network disabled. Still no luck.

The chat support ultimately suggested there was nothing I could do, but I have to believe there's a solution here. What's the answer?

FWIW: when I close out of the activation dialog I get an error message like this:

License was not obtained

Tried Maya 2015 (657G1 2015.0.0.F), error 19

License method:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unlimited'

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: dave

Hi @dave, 

Welcome to the community!

Trial Versions can only be installed once per machine, thus when you re-installed it, it was asking for a Serial Number. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 3
dave
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I see. I wish I'd known that before I tried to upgrade. So, what's the solution? Presumably there's a way out of this...I'd really like the opportunity to evaluate Maya.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report