Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LMTools gives error -15.570 and VD starting please check vendor daemon status

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Aldred
4971 Views, 8 Replies

LMTools gives error -15.570 and VD starting please check vendor daemon status

Hi Guys,

I am having an issue with LMTools.  I am running the latest version of LMTools (installed from the 2017 media kit). 

I have the Autodesk software installed on the machine that LMTools is installed on.  It has been working perfectly until yesterday when it could not find a license and it gave the error -               15.570. 

I opened LMTools and tried to restart the server and it gave me the following error.

• VD starting please check vendor daemon status in debug log.

I checked the debug log file and it said the following.

• 10:31:51 (lmgrd) Server's System Date and Time: Thu Aug 11 2016 10:31:51 South Africa Standard Time
  • 10:31:51 (lmgrd) pid 10188
  • 10:31:51 (lmgrd) SLOG: Summary LOG statistics is enabled.
  • 10:31:51 (lmgrd) Detecting other license server manager (lmgrd) processes...
  • 10:31:54 (lmgrd) adskflex already running 27000@NP-Render2

When I go back to my START/STOP/REREAD tab it says at the bottom that I am using the correct license.

I run a Perform Status Enquiry and it brings up the following.

--------

Status

--------

Flexible License Manager status on Thu 8/11/2016 11:34

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]

License server status: @NP-Render2@Anonymous-Render2

License file(s) on NP-Render2: \\Np-render2\network license\NEW AUTODESK LICENCE\NP-Render2.lic:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.

The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,

the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the

port or hostname in the license file has been changed.

Server name:   NP-Render2

License path:  @NP-Render2;@Anonymous-Render2;

FlexNet Licensing error:-15,570

For further information, refer to the FlexNet Licensing documentation,

available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

If I try and stop the service from local services on the PC it gives me the following error message.

Cannot stop service.  It is not connected to a running product.

Has anyone sen something like this.   

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Aldred

@Aldred

First thing that I would check is to make sure the MAC address of your server is the same MAC address in the license file.  You stated it was working and now its not.

@TravisNave  Good point..  Didn't see that until you pointed it out..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 9
TravisNave

Is your license file pathed to a UNC share?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
Aldred
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

I did check. It had changed and I changed it back to the correct name, but then the LMTools stopped working.

Kind regards,
Aldred Boyd
Solutions Consultant/Engineer

Tel: +27 21 532 1000
Mobile: +27 82 726 2129
Fax: 086 694 9404
Email: aldred@mgfx.co.za
Web: www.mgfx.co.za

This e-mail message is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or his/her representative, please be advised that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or the use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited under law. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and please delete this message and all attachments from your computer. All quotes are provided in good faith and subject to change without notice, and further subject to Micrographics terms and conditions, which are available upon request and can be found at www.mgfx.co.za/support/micrographics-terms-and-conditions/. Any information passed along in good faith from sub-consultants or advisors beyond the control of Micrographics is strictly to provide the addressee with an indication of the sub-consultants expertise and/or advice and Micrographics may not be held responsible for any commitments made that fall outside of its core function as an Autodesk Reseller. Should you have any doubt as to the content of this email, please immediately refer it to Micrographics at info@mgfx.co.za.
Message 5 of 9
Mark.Lancaster

@Aldred

Changed it where?  In the license file or at the server level?  If at the license file you can't do that.  You have to generate a new one.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 9
Aldred
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis,

I is currently pointed to a UNC share.

Aldred

Message 7 of 9
DarrenP

the MAC address has to match in the license file and on the server where LM tools is installed

one of these doesn't match

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 8 of 9
Darin.Green

Basically, everyone is correct (@Mark.Lancaster@TravisNave@DarrenP), your license manager configuration is not configured correctly and you need a new license file.

Configuration for the license manager:

• Path to lmgrd.exe: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Network License Manager\lmgrd.exe
  • Path to license fileC:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\NP-Render2.lic
  • Path to log fileC:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Network License Manager\Log\debug.log

The paths should be local to the license manager utility tools.

Next, If you open the license file with notepad, the first line should have something similar to:

SERVER NP-Render2 E4B3181BD61E

The server name can be changed if needed, but if the MAC Address differ then what's actively being used on the server, you'll need to request a new license file.

This is what everyone has stated thus far, just thought I would combine them into one post. Smiley Wink

Last but not least, make sure you update the license manager to the latest version, by downloading it from HERE

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Darin.Green

Thanks Darin.Green and the rest of the guys that commented. I had the problem as posted by Aldred.

Pointing everything to be local to the license manager utility tool (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Network License Manager) solved the issue.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report