Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little details about relocating deployments and using UNC paths

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cbarbieri
338 Views, 2 Replies

Little details about relocating deployments and using UNC paths

I've created a deployment and am relocating it to a server for use.

Most of the edits required to do this are entirely straight forward, except for two, having to do with IMG\Updates\AdAppMgrSvc.ini and updates_x64.ini. 

For whatever reason these two files use a different folder deliniation format, with double-backslashes and forward slashes.

It is not clear in anything I've read on how to accommodate UNC paths for these files but I hope that someone here knows.

The IMG\Updates\AdAppMgrSvc.ini has two sections to change:

Section 1

The original local copy of the delpoyment looks like this(note the double backslashes😞

[DownloadManager]
          Location=C:\\2018_BDS_P_REVIT\\Img\\Updates

So this is what I put:

[DownloadManager]
          Location=\\\\192.168.22.252\\network\\programs\\Autodesk\\2018_BDS_P_REVIT\\Img\\Updates

Section 2

The original local copy of the delpoyment looks like this(note the forwardslashes😞

[INIs]
          AdAppMgr%3AAD-cbarbieri=C:/2018_BDS_P_REVIT/Img/Updates/AdAppMgr.ini

So this is what I put:

[INIs]
          AdAppMgr%3AAD-cbarbieri=\\192.168.22.252/Network/programs/Autodesk/2018_BDS_P_REVIT/Img/Updates/AdAppMgr.ini

The IMG\Updates\updates_x64.ini also has two sections to change:

The section of concern in the original local copy of the delpoyment looks like this(note the double backslashes😞

..."downloadedFile" : "C:\\2018_BDS_P_REVIT\\Img\\Updates\\9CA05B9A-1802-0510-A1B4-387FA39D9B13\\Autodesk_Revit_2018_0_1.exe",

So this is what I put:c

"downloadedFile" : "\\\\192.168.22.252\\Network\\programs\\Autodesk\\2018_BDS_P_REVIT\\Img\\Updates\\9CA05B9A-1802-0510-A1B4-387FA39D9B13\\Autodesk_Revit_2018_0_1.exe",

There's info here but I haven't found anywhere the explains how to incorporate a UNC path into this folder delineation method.

I don't know yet if this is working. The deployment is taking an unusually long time so I suspect this is not ok.

Any help would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: cbarbieri

Hello @cbarbieri,

This is the most current recommendation for changing a deployment location manually: How to manually change the location of a deployment

Let us know how it turns out. Smiley Happy

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 3
cbarbieri
in reply to: natasha.l

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I actually reference that link in my post.

That page does not address how to accommodate the unix-style slashes when using a unc path. Up until now I couldn't figure out why my deployment wasn't getting past the "setup initializing" dialog... And I thought it was something I did here wrong. Basically, I have found that the unc double-slash is totally unrelated and unaffected by the following double-slashes and its written like one would expect, like below.

example:

the page shows this:

Location=C:\\2018_BDS_P_REVIT\\Img\\Updates

For the unc, I do this 

Location=\\192.168.22.252\\network\\programs...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report