Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licesing Update - Install Error 280

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2785 Views, 5 Replies

Licesing Update - Install Error 280

Hello everyone, I've been having trouble updating Autodesk Licesing Service to 10.1.1.66 version via Desktop App. I'm using Windows 10

I searched for help online but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

I have provided some steps you can take that will help you install this update successfully. We have an article outlining some information & suggestions as well, Autodesk Licensing Service Updates.

Steps to take before installing an update: 

1. Reboot the computer, make sure apps are not auto running in the background 
  2. Log in as Administrator (check your permissions, full control) or create a new profile
  3. Make sure you have an uninterrupted & high-speed connection to the internet
  4. Clean out the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter (Windows)
  5. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  6. Use your Autodesk Account to access the update & install, instead of the Autodesk Desktop app 

Try to install the update again & be sure to get a screenshot if you receive the error again. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Just checking in with you, did the steps help? I hope you were able to resolve this, if you did please let us know how you did. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Hello @natasha.l , sorry for my late response.

I've followed all the steps you mentioned below, but when I run the Licensing update (adskLicensing-installer.exe), it won't start!

I am running the application as admin, Windows checks if I want it to make changes, I accept and nothing happens. I am clueless at the moment.

I appreciate your response, and thank you for checking in with me. I hope I can sort this problem out.

Cheers,

Gerardo.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I forgot to mention, the licensing service is no longer available as an update in Autodesk Desktop App, but it is in the Autodesk download manager online. I wonder why.

Message 6 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

If you have verified that you are installing with Administrator rights, the problem could be that you have the previous version of the Licensing Service installed, preventing the latest version from installing. 

Please review the steps outlined in this article: Autodesk Licensing did not install (error code:1)" when trying to install Autodesk software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report