Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Yalshamayleh
327 Views, 6 Replies

Licensed copies

Hello Dear,

I hope that all is good with you.

Actually, I'm dealing with a new business service provider to implement us some plastic injection studies. However, the problem is that how can I make sure that the software they are using in genuine and not a hacked one, because we really care about owr business reputation.

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bernor_mf
in reply to: Yalshamayleh

Hi @Yalshamayleh ,
Welcome to the community! 😊

I suggest you check that reseller is in the list:

https://www.autodesk.com/partners/locate-a-reseller

If not in list, look for another one.

You will also have an Autodesk Account, when using products.
https://accounts.autodesk.com/
You manage your profile and access products and services in Autodesk Account.
Using Autodesk Account

When you have a contract with Autodesk, the contract shows which software available, also for download.
Basically, when getting your product you should get serial number from Autodesk,
to be used to create a license file. So this makes it genuine.

I hope above could verify that you have a reliable provider and reseller.

Or provide the reseller name to Autodesk to look up.

Further, you could have a look here:
Genuine Autodesk

You could also connect to Autodesk and Talk to an Autodesk representative
Autodesk products Moldflow
Talk to an Autodesk representative

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Berndt

( If my comments are accepted, provide "Kudos" as appreciation. If your request is answered/resolved, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Thanks.)
Tags (2)
Message 3 of 7
Yalshamayleh
in reply to: bernor_mf

Hello Sir,
Thank you for your answer. I think I didn't explain my issue clearly. I was not asking about purchasing the software. I meant to say is that another person is going to perform the studies, and how can I make sure he is using a genuine software not a hacked one. He gave me all the liberty to check the software, but I don't know what things to check in order to make sure that the version he is using is genuine?
Message 4 of 7
mdavis22569

You'd get a message it's not genuine generally.

As for proof. They won't have a serial number, so they can show you have they have a contract for a NON-EDUCATIONAL version from their account manager. 

You want to see the Account manager showing their subscription. 

https://www.autodesk.com/support/download-install/individuals/manage/view-your-product-license-infor...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 7

@mdavis22569, I agree with what all you said. I was also going to say the same thing.

But how to still know whether the contract they shared was really purchased by them. And not being used by someone else.

Like to make more profit the can share a contract of some other and claim that they are using it. 

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Message 6 of 7
mdavis22569

But how to still know whether the contract they shared was really purchased by them. And not being used by someone else.

Depends on what he sees in the Account Manager 

You'll see if he has a valid license.. could it be assigned, YES ... but it's still genuine.

Big thing is to make sure it's not educational too.. or he could end up with with Educational stamps on it when printing.  

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

@mdavis22569 wrote:

Big thing is to make sure it's not educational too.. or he could end up with with Educational stamps on it when printing.  

I agree. We once faced this issue. We had sub-contracted a few items. And when the drawings came to us and we took a printout of it, we got the educational watermark. So we got it changed..

Thanks and Regards,

Rushabh Thakkar.

Please use the Accept Solution button to mark any posts that provide the answer or solution. 

Likes are always welcome.

LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook.      

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report