Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license was not obtained tried maya 2016 error 20 Mac Network license

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1710 Views, 5 Replies

license was not obtained tried maya 2016 error 20 Mac Network license

Hi,

I am having a huge issue trying to resolve this error,

I have tried to follow online resources and contacted support many times, however all of the steps I have tried do not work.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Otto
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello info3ZNAY and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you are seeing License was not obtained: error 20. The following articles should help you resolve the problem:

License was not obtained: error 20

How to force re-activation of a product

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Otto

Hi,

In the first link, i followed the commands for terminal, however it tells me "no such file or directory"

the 2nd link also does not solve the problem

Message 4 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

The error mentions a standalone, but the title of this post states Network license. Just want to verify which license type you have, you change the license type by doing a license reset this maybe the issue. 

1. Open the program 
  2. Navigate to the top Go to help drop down.png drop down then Log In > Manage License > Change License Type 
  3. The program will close 
  4. Open the program again
  5. Select (Serial Number > Standalone) or (Network License>Network Server)

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Resetting the license via this steps solved my issue!

thanks,

The error mentions a standalone, but the title of this post states Network license. Just want to verify which license type you have, you change the license type by doing a license reset this maybe the issue. 

Reset License on a Mac

1. Delete /Applications/Autodesk folder
2. Delete /Library/Application Support/Autodesk folder.
3. Open /private/var/db/receipts/ folder and delete all files that start with com.autodesk, com.Autodesk and com.alias
4.Delete /Library/Autodesk
5. Navigate to the folder /Library/Preferences/Flexnet Publisher/FLEXnet and delete the files prefixed with adskflex.
6. Delete the folder /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Autodesk
7.Delete ~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk folder.
8. Delete the ~/Library/Autodesk folder

9. Reboot & Redownload product 

10. Install product and select correct license type (Serial Number > Standalone) or (Network License>Network Server)

Message 6 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

That's great! Glad you resolved the issue, happy to hear you are up and running. Smiley Happy

Thank you for contributing to the community with your feedback. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report