Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
lubo.popov9
230 Views, 5 Replies

License Management

Hi!

I have a question to which I presume the response but to be sure I will ask:

I am currently a student and interning in a company. I have started to develop my thesis project in revit with a student license. Since the company is using revit and has better computing machines i wanted to use these on weekends and continue my work. The question that arises is: can i use a commercial license to open my model made in a student version without infecting the program? Obviously my model will not be used to create any income.

Thank You in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

@lubo.popov9

Do not mix free educational license/school projects/files with computers/software/files that are owned by a company..  You and the company can end up being fined.  And I would think the company your are interning at doesn't want to take the risk..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply! Another suggestion that comes to my mind is installing a previous version of revit with a student license. What is your thought about that?

Message 4 of 6

@lubo.popov9

For students you can request the current version (2017) and up to 3 legacy versions (2014-2016)..  However in a month or so, the 2018 version will be released and the legacy version of 2014 will fall off the radar..  One more thing..  You need to be using the Revit version that your school is using..  Revit files are not backwards compatible.   Once you move to a given version you can't open the files in legacy versions.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6

Thank You!

Message 6 of 6
natasha.l
in reply to: lubo.popov9

Hello @lubo.popov9,

Just to add...

I understand that you have questions about the use of student software. Please review this information carefully it explains that student software is solely for education purposes and not to be used in a commercial/production environment: Education Usage

Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report