Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last version that is able to install to Windows 7 OS

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1332 Views, 5 Replies

Last version that is able to install to Windows 7 OS

Hello,

We are planning to move from Inventor 2014 to Inventor 2021.  I see no issues for our engineers that have been updated to a Windows 10 box, I don't see any references to being able to load the program to a Windows 7 box.  Has anyone tried this, or is it not possible?  If not possible this will greatly increase the costs for us to upgrade as would need to update a number of workstations.

Thanks for any information.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CGBenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Hello and welcome.  Thanks for posting!  Based on >>this document<<  it looks like IV2020 was the last version that could utilize Windows 7.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: CGBenner

Thanks Chris, I have checked the site documentation and saw that.  That being said, sometimes  there is the ability to install, even though not supported.  That was my question mainly, to see if anyone has attempted it or if it is impossible.

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

I'd bit the bullet and just install the Windows 10 Pro upgrade at the very least.. An Engineer can burn through the $199 upgrade cost VERY QUICKLY in down time from a single issue.. Then there is the fact that if your workstations need to be upgraded then you also have a good chance of seeing a VERY QUICK ROI on that as you can get the job done quicker on a better performing machine..  Time = Money.. 

Waiting/working on old hardware is far more expensive than the cost to upgrade in the long run.. 

We turn Engineering computers over here every couple years and easily get a return on the investment in under a year.

261 work days in a year... New machine can easily save 5 minutes a day... 5 x 261 = 1305 minutes = 22 hours a year = $2000 or more in Engineering time = Cost of a new computer paid for the first year.. And thats with just a 5 minute savings a day.. A new computer can easily be shown to save twice that or more..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
pendean

Just do it, if it fails or you end up having too many support issues, you know what you have to do next: no one here is going to greenlight an unsupported configuration for you.

Good luck.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Wasn't asking you to green light a plan mate.  Just curious if it was even possible to install it to a Win7 box or if anyone has attempted it. 

Thanks for your reply none the less,  Cheers.  

Have a great day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report