Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor cannot access your license?

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
jken25
16530 Views, 16 Replies

Inventor cannot access your license?

Good day!

I've been using Autodesk Inventor Pro 2021 with education license for a little while now. But suddenly i get a prompt saying "Inventor cannot access your license" whenever i start inventor. How can i resolve this? I've searched in the net for solutions but i think it is better to just ask it here. I attach a screenshot of the error below.

Thank you! 

inventorlicenseerror.png

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pendean
in reply to: jken25

EDU support is through this other website https://www.autodesk.com/education/support/edu-contact-us-form
Message 3 of 17
jken25
in reply to: pendean

Thanks!

Message 4 of 17
cetin_yildirim
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

I have same problem but my license is not edu do you have any solution?

Message 5 of 17
jken25
in reply to: cetin_yildirim

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. No, I still havent solved it. I tried asking the online support but the solutions they suggested didnt solve the problem. 😕

Message 6 of 17
cetin_yildirim

Hi,

I talked with customer support but at the end of talking we decided to clean uninstall.

I did it but ı didn't install yet

Message 7 of 17

i posted the same error. and is the second time that it happened . could you solve this?

Message 8 of 17
jken25
in reply to: cetin_yildirim

Hi, 

Are you done reinstalling it?  Did it work? The customer support advised me the same solution.  But im hesitant on uninstalling my inventor. 

Message 9 of 17
jken25
in reply to: 743705WVB67

Hi, 

Were you able to solve it the first time? 

Message 10 of 17
natasha.l

Hello @743705WVB67  & @cetin_yildirim

Depending on your license type & current environment the solutions will be different, the error message indicates the possible solutions based on license type. 

What license type do you have? Are you working remotely, via VPN etc.? 

Network License Type 

It is recommended that multi-user subscribers Borrow a License or Request an at home use license to avoid issues accessing a remote license. Make sure your products are eligible for a home use license by reviewing the eligibility requirements.

Single User License Type

1. The latest Autodesk Licensing Service update needs to be applied, after applying the update make sure the service is running. 
  2. Make sure you have an uninterrupted high-speed connection to the internet & try adjusting your LAN  & proxy settings etc. or try a different wifi network
  3. Review your Autodesk Account make sure the user is assigned to the application, signing in with the proper Autodesk ID & Password, resetting and Changing Your Autodesk Account Password
  4. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  5. Adjust the systems clock settings
  6. Whitelist the sites listed in these articles:

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 11 of 17
cetin_yildirim

Hello,

we cleaned uninstall after Install lmtools and Inv 2021 also ACAD 2021  then both of them working.

There is no problem.

but this should be last way to solve this case.

Message 12 of 17
cetin_yildirim
in reply to: natasha.l

hello @natasha.l 

You  r right  but  my license is NFR and I don't use any server pc, client and server machine  are same pc so I  dont't need to use borrow license or VPN.

When I have install first time Inv 2021 I met same problem also I  get license error message from ACAD (

"License Error - ADLSDK_STATUS_AUTH_PENDING 22:Retry limit exceeded connecting to the Service" when launching AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT 2021 | AutoCAD 2021 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Licens...

)

I have used this solution for  ACAD error and after this my Inventor license  problem solved (kill two birds with one stone)

the problem has repeated for Inventor but ACAD error message changed and I couldn't solved this time so  I had to  clean uninstall.

@743705WVB67  you can try this  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Licens...

after ıf don't  you  can try clean uninstall

Message 13 of 17
jken25

Hi @natasha.l ,

Im using a single user, educational license of Autodesk Inventor Pro 2021. Ive done updating the licensing service as instructed in the link

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/march-2020-autodesk-licensing-se...

but i still have the same error. I may be wrong, but i recall that my license activation was automatic when i installed inventor. I didnt have license manager, but i was still able to use inventor before without any error. 

Should i have a license manager (LMtools) even if my license is single sign on license type? 

Message 14 of 17
natasha.l

Hello @jken25

You don't need LMtools or anything like that, because your license is managed & validated by online services. 

Please run through all the steps I provided above for Single User because your license uses this technology. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 15 of 17
jken25

Hi @natasha.l , 

Thank you! I resolved it now. I just discovered that Autodesk Licensing Service is disabled on startup in my windows services setting. The error has nothing to do with the license at all. Thank you for the help!

Message 16 of 17
natasha.l

Hello @jken25

Thank you for returning. I am very glad you resolved this & I wanted to explain how this licensing service operates. 😊

When starting an Autodesk application, the Autodesk Licensing Service validates your license by accessing the Autodesk server & verifying your username. When this service is not running it will cause all Autodesk products that utilize this licensing to stop working.

Users of Autodesk software will need to maintain this service in good standing by applying the necessary updates & verify that the service is running so a license can be validated on start up. 

Message 17 of 17

Updating the "Autodesk Licensing Service" worked

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report