Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Installation Error 1935

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
robert_hudson
5680 Views, 15 Replies

Inventor 2012 Installation Error 1935

I've tried just about everything I could find on the internet for a solution to this and still no luck. (Including deleting temp, registry fix, updates, .NET Framework checking, and others).

error2.png

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Hi,

Please refer to the following post from the Windows Seven Forums regarding a similar issue when installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package:

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40511-set-registry-size-limit-unlimited-2.html

The posting indicates that the following steps will resolve the issue:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control
Key: RegistrySizeLimit
Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 0xffffff (4294967295)

Reboot

As a Administrator open a Command Prompt and run "SFC /SCANNOW". The command should complete successfully and if any errors were found, they should be corrected.

It is always strongly recommended to fully back up the registry prior to making any modifications.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 16

Any chance you could give me some steps to perform this?

I did what I thought would be correct. 

- Backed up the registry

- went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control

-created key RegistrySizeLimit

-set type to REG_DWORD

-set vaulue to 0xffffff (4294967295)

-performed clean boot 

-attempted reinstall

xx Failed with the same error message at the same point

Message 4 of 16

Also, I checked for errors as you mentioned (forgot to include that in the last post)

Message 5 of 16

here is a screenshot of my attempt at a registry edit

Message 6 of 16
TravisNave
in reply to: robert_hudson

Just uninstall your Visual C++ and run the installer again.

ControlPanel.png

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 16
robert_hudson
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis, I removed Visual C++ as you stated then attempted a reinstall. No luck. So i removed more (because well... why not) after restarting and having attempted another isntall. 

The only thing that changed was now Autodesk Design Review installed, but still no inventor. 

Message 8 of 16
TravisNave

You have admin rights?  UAC off?  Antivirus disabled?  Media or download install? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 16
robert_hudson

Admin Rights - check (even used install as admin during setup just to rule it out)

UAC - off

Microsoft Security Essentials - off

No other anti virus has ever been installed or used, I just freeze my C:

It's the download install - here is some log file. Thanks for your help as well

2012/2/28:16:59:06 Robert Hudson ROBERTHUDSON Inventorui== Parameter: Page2 Action: SetMsiProperty Item: PRODUCTEDITION Value:INVPROSA

2012/2/28:16:59:06 Robert Hudson ROBERTHUDSON PageOpen ProductSelectionDialog2

2012/2/28:16:59:27 Robert Hudson ROBERTHUDSON PageOpen FullProgressDialog

2012/2/28:16:59:27 Robert Hudson ROBERTHUDSON Installing DirectX® Runtime: C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Inventor_2012_English_Win_64bit\3rdParty\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe /silent

2012/2/28:16:59:51 Robert Hudson ROBERTHUDSON Install DirectX® Runtime Succeeded

2012/2/28:16:59:51 Robert Hudson ROBERTHUDSON Installing Microsoft Windows Media Format 9.5 Series Runtime: C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Inventor_2012_English_Win_64bit\3rdParty\x64\wmf\95\wmfdist64.exe /quiet

2012/2/28:16:59:54 Robert Hudson ROBERTHUDSON Install Microsoft Windows Media Format 9.5 Series Runtime Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1603

2012/2/28:16:59:54 Robert Hudson ROBERTHUDSON Installing Autodesk® Inventor® 2012: TRANSFORMS="C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Inventor_2012_English_Win_64bit\x64\en-us\Inventor\inventor.mst;C:\Users\ROBERT~1\AppData\Local\Temp\_AI6C59.tmp\x64\inventor\inventor-standalone.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Inventor_2012_English_Win_64bit\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2012/2/28:17:05:33 Robert Hudson ROBERTHUDSON Install Autodesk® Inventor® 2012 Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

2012/2/28:17:05:33 Robert Hudson ROBERTHUDSON Rollback DirectX® Runtime Failed Failure is ignored, Result=1619

Message 10 of 16

So looking at the logs, I actually paid attention and noticed that the error occured when installing file at path 

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Inventor_2012_English_Win_64bit\3rdParty\x64\wmf\95\wmfdist64.exe /quiet

which is microsoft windows media something or other 9.5? So i found that path, attempted a manual install, but i get error message "not enough storage is available to process this command" I assume this is where the real issue lies but again, I have no idea what to do /:

Message 11 of 16
TravisNave

What do you mean by "freezing your C:\" drive?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 16
robert_hudson

its frozen under normal use so that once the computer boots, any changes that are made are destroyed after a restart. 

I use a program called faronics deep freeze. I have uninstalled it for this, unsure if just disableing it was still causing a problem. 

Message 13 of 16

after talking to some friends who work at Cisco. One by one I went and uninstalled windows security updates as they believed they were the root of all evil involving autodesk. After I uninstalled all the ones I was allowed to, no luck. 

My solution? Well I own a Lenovo and they're awesome. 4 clicks and 1 hour later all my files were backed up, Windows was reset to factory default, files restored, and then I went on to successfully install Autodesk Inventor 2012. Today is a good day. 

Thanks to everyone that read this thread and/or tried to help me solve the problem!

Message 14 of 16
yola54

robert_hudson    tengo el mismo problema estaria muy agradecido si me indicaras paso a paso como solucionastes tu problema de instalacion(error 1935)  ya que tambien tengo una lenovo estaria infinitamente agradecido

robert_hudson    I have the same problem you would be very grateful if you indicate your problem of installation ( error 1935 ) since also I have a lenovo to me step by step like solucionastes you would be infinitely grateful

Message 15 of 16
yola54

amigo te lo agradeceria infinitamente como solucionastes el error 1935 que sale cuando estamos instalando

tengo el mismo problema que el tuyo estaria infinitamenteeeeeeeeeeee agradecido que dios te bendigue

Friend would thank it to you infinitely like solucionastes the error 1935 leaving when we are  installing

I have the same problem than yours infinitamenteeeeeeeeeeee would be grateful than god to you bendigue

Message 16 of 16
adabhade17
in reply to: alison.gangler

this solved my problem,thank you so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report