Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Maya (student) - running into issue after issue after issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rhallstedt
234 Views, 3 Replies

Installing Maya (student) - running into issue after issue after issue.

I installed the student version of Maya a few months back, and had to uninstall and reinstall it. However, as soon as I tried to reinstall it, I started running into issues. It says that Maya 2015 is already installed on my computer, so I went through and deleted everything possible that could have to do with the specific program. The mental ray thing, anything at all that has the name "Autodesk" in it. Now, I can't even bring up the installer, and I'm getting desperate. How can I completely remove any Autodesk applications/files from my computer so that I can reinstall this cleanly?

It says that Maya installed but now I'm getting a ton of messages, including the images attached.

Please help. I'm getting desperate, I need this for classwork.

issues.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jessica.t
in reply to: rhallstedt

Hi @rhallstedt and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Thanks for offering some background on the issue and providing screenshots. Did you follow the instructions on the error message? Did you see any changes? If yes but the error persists, please try using a different download method. We like "Browser Download" the best. Check out this Autodesk Solution for further details.

Please let us know how it goes and if you need additional help. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 4
rhallstedt

i tried doing the browser download and got this message.

issue1.jpg

Message 4 of 4
jessica.t

Thanks for the screenshot! Try the following steps to help complete a successful download:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If problems continue please reply with attachments of any errors and further details. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report