Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Maya 2016 (or 2017) Student version on Linux Mint 17.3

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1956 Views, 1 Reply

Installing Maya 2016 (or 2017) Student version on Linux Mint 17.3

Okay, so I've heard the Linux version of Maya is more compatible with other distros such as Fedora and Red Hat. However, I've seen tutorials/ youtube videos where users have gotten Maya to work in Ubuntu/ Linux Mint. Currently, I'm using Linux Mint 17.3 and I am able to get the install screen functioning. However, I get errors when it comes to the rpm files included with download. The tutorials I've looked at on how to get Maya running in Ubuntu include steps to convert rpm files to another format. I tend to get lost at this step.How do I fix the rpm errors or unpack them correctly in Linux Mint 17.3? I'm trying to load Maya on my home PC for University. I would greatly appreciate help on installing Maya on Linux. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Darin.Green
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

There's nothing we can actually do for you accept direct you to sites for guidance. Remember, it's not supported to run on that Linux version. That being the case, here's a post that discuss the entire process:

Install Maya 2017 on Ubuntu 16.04

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report