Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Maya 2016 on a Mac

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kernse
1257 Views, 5 Replies

Installing Maya 2016 on a Mac

Hello , 

I am currently using a MacBook Pro, Late 2011 , with the OS X El Capitan operating system. I used to have Maya 2017 working fine on my computer, while using a student license. However my school uses 2016, so I tried to download it , and got the error message below. So I deleted 2017, to see if that was interfering and tried downloading 2016 alone, and that did not work. I then also tried downloading 2017 and unfortunately now I cannot even get that to work without this error message to show. I have been doing everything within this forum and nothing seems to work. I deleted all maya files , autodesk files and uninstalled maya , both versions, tried re-downloading them with the firewall off. Still nothing helped. Then I downloaded 2016 and deleted the .env file that everyone has been mentioning and that does nothing. I then also deleted everything again, re-downloaded it, and entered the information in the .env file that someone else claimed was missing, by copy and pasting. And that has also not worked. Please help! I really need to work on school projects 🙂 

Hope you can help.

Stephen.

License was not obtained

Tried Maya 2016 (657H1 2016.0.0.F), error 20

License method:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:

environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='657f1'

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
natasha.l
in reply to: kernse

Hello @kernse,

Have you tried a Clean uninstall of Maya programs on a Mac, then try to download and install again.

Note: Make sure you have registered for the product on your education community account as well. 

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 6
kernse
in reply to: natasha.l

Hi Natasha, thanks for the reply. I am unable to locate the folders that is
listed in the link you sent me. I followed along and went to the library
like it says to do, but I am eventually brought to a dead end, because the
next place it prompts me to go is non-existent. However I did in fact try
each of the different paths the link suggests. Flexnet Publisher is no
where to be found , no matter how I search for it. I just deleted all
autodesk files, and maya files that I could find, totaling in over 1,000
files. This is like the third time I have done this. Also I do have adobe
products installed on my computer , and I just noticed the warning about
deleting that. So I guess I am glad I could not find it before seeing that.
Anyways I also tried the solution where someone said to replace the
libAdSSOservices-7.dylib , file and that did not do the trick . So I am
afraid I am coming to a dead end which scares me. I was not able to also
follow along with the directions that autodesk has given for the error 20
code. I opened the terminal and copied and pasted the command in it,
replace the "2014" with "2016" , since below it stated

"if 2015, just replace with 2015" , so I figured it would be the same with
2016. Anyways, it said that the file was not found , something similar to
that. Which did not surprise me because the first direction is to uninstall
maya , do the command, then re-install.

Anything else I can do?

Message 4 of 6
jtkleine11
in reply to: kernse

Hello Stephen,

The description of your problem is very similar to what I have been experiencing. Check out this conversation here:

<https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/maya-2017-student-installation-failed-on-exit/...>

For an up to date Mac, the AdSSO package included in the installer application doesn't seem to work anymore. For Maya 2016 you'll need the updated AdSSO.pkg, for Maya 2017 there is AdSSO-V2.pkg. Use the link in Natasha's second message for more information.

It's possible, that at this point you have your system so messed up, that you really need to do a clean uninstall of all related to Autodesk. At least, for me that happens pretty easily when I try to downgrade from Maya 2017 to 2016. My guess is that its related to an upgrade to the license management system.  Find the link in the bottom of Natasha's posts and try to follow the instructions literally. "/" refers to the root of your system drive — e.g. "Macintosh HD" — so "/Library/Application Support/Autodesk" would be "Macintosh HD -> Library -> Application Support -> Autodesk" in Finder. "~" refers to your home folder so "~/Library" would be "Macintosh HD -> Users -> <your short username> -> Library". That's a hidden folder in current macOS'ses. The easiest way to get there is to hit the option key on your keyboard and select "Library" from Finders "Go" top menu with your mouse.

Cheers and don't give up,

--

Jouko-Thomas

Message 5 of 6
natasha.l
in reply to: jtkleine11

Hello @kernse,

Have you resolved the issue, you may have to adjust show hidden folders on a Mac. If you received the pkg error from the post by @jtkleine11 let us know. Please let us know if you continue to experience an issue. Also, review the links in the signature below.  

Message 6 of 6
kernse
in reply to: natasha.l

Hi Natasha,

Unfortunately this has not resolved my issue. I was lucky enough to have school computers to use, but now that I am home for the summer , I desperately need this to work. I looked for the flex net folders and everything and did not find them, so I think I may have already deleted them. The error message still comes up . Any other suggestions ? 

Thanks,

Stephen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report