Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing aTools

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
stavhavivi
12382 Views, 14 Replies

Installing aTools

I'm having trouble installing aTools on maya 2016.

I'm getting this - 

# Error: ImportError: file <maya console> line 154: No module named aTools

I just downloaded the files, and pulled it into the maya viewport like the info said.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pshwayka
in reply to: stavhavivi

The installation script for aTools wants to download the aTools.zip file from the internet. If you aren't connected to the internet or have a firewall in place that prohibits that kind of activity, you will get this error.

Message 3 of 15
beorn.leo
in reply to: pshwayka

So, there is no way to install atools for those of us behind a firewall?

Message 4 of 15
beorn.leo
in reply to: beorn.leo

ok, just found the answer. I'll leave it here for those who come looking...
Download the aTools.zip file from here:
http://www.trickorscript.com/aTools/
Then point the installer to wherever you saved the file. It will do an offline installation.

🙂

Message 5 of 15
Vawter19

I'm trying to install aTools on a PC in Maya 2017. I drop the .mel File into the window to install and get this error...

Error: file: C:/Users/kelly/Downloads/aTools_install.mel line 174: AttributeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2017\bin\python27.zip\hashlib.py line 138: 'module' object has no attribute 'openssl_md_meth_names' #

Since I'm working on a work machine I'm guessing there's a firewall set up preventing me from installing it? I want to do the offline install but I don't even get that option. Nothing happens when I try to install it. I just get this error in the script editor. Whats weird is it works fine in 2015. No issues. Didn't even have to do an offline install.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Message 6 of 15
natasha.l
in reply to: Vawter19

Hello @Vawter19,

Welcome. 

Try to clean your temp folder  & also take a look at how you can check the permissions on the mentioned folder.

Thank you for posting to the forums. Smiley Happy 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community. 

Message 7 of 15
Vawter19
in reply to: natasha.l

I'm sorry. You'll have to be a bit more specific. I'm using Windows 10. How
do I clean the temp folder and repair its permissions? The instructions
linked weren't too helpful.
Message 8 of 15
natasha.l

Hello @Vawter19,

Sure, I can try to provide some more detailed steps for you but if you need further assistance with Windows you should contact them or an IT professional.

Please try the steps below: 

1. Reboot the computer & log in as a Windows Administrator 
  2. Clean out the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu   and hit Enter, the folder with display 
  3. To check the permissions on a folder or file you can right-click it > Properties> Security> Full Control (Read & Write) selected under the "Group or User Name" (your Administrator profile) 
  4. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system

Keep us posted. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 9 of 15
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous

Just checking in with you, hope you were able to resolve this issue. 

Message 10 of 15
Vawter19

No, had no luck following those instructions. Still getting the error.
Message 11 of 15
natasha.l

Hello @stavhavivi,

Reach out to the creators of a Tool to find out more about installing it to use with Autodesk Maya 2016. They should be able to offer some better input on why this is not installing, as this is not an Autodesk product. 

Message 12 of 15
Vawter19

Will do. Thank you.
Message 13 of 15
mrduderico

Hey I'm having the same problem, did you manage to fix it since then?

Message 14 of 15
MAMILOVE98

Hello. May I question another one?

First. Thanks your comment.

That is very useful.

-------------

I got a Maya2022 in window.

I Know maya 2022 uses python3. So I fix the atools script that using "urllib2" to using "urllib"

Then, a offline installation pop-up window appears. 

Connecting "atools.zip" to maya, there is a error.

# Error: UnboundLocalError: file <maya console> line 91: local variable 'response' referenced before assignment

How can I fix it..?

--------------------------------------

I got a solution without correction. I hope it helps someone.

1. Right-click on your Maya 2022 shortcut and click Properties
  2. On the Shortcut tab, scroll the Target field all the way to the right
  3. At the very end of the Target field leave a space after the quotation mark and add -pythonver 2

Message 15 of 15
ifw.ccml

thanks mate, i spent the entire night try to find this lol haha
bless you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report