Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing 3ds max on freshly installed Windows 10

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brovar64
431 Views, 1 Reply

Installing 3ds max on freshly installed Windows 10

Hello,

I'm trying to install 3ds max (2021 or 2022, nevermind, the result is the same), but I always get this error:

Capture.PNG

 I tried different types of download through the site and Autodesk App, but there's always an error that "xxx.cab" is corrupt.

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Diffus3d
in reply to: brovar64

Hello @brovar64,

Is the hard drive old and possibly going bad?  Seems like it might be a disk error.  You can try to run some drive diagnostics to see if there are any errors and possibly fix them.  If it's a new drive, maybe it's an SSD replacing an older disk based drive and you haven't configured your BIOS properly for UEFI?  (AHCI)

An alternate possibility is that that the location that the files are in is somehow protected and now allowing to unpack files or something.  Usually it attempts to unpack to C:/Autodesk which should be fine, but on Win10 if it's on the desktop or in Program files (as the temp unpack folder) you might run into issues. 

Barring any of those things, you might post in the Installation and Licensing forum, they have more experience with the edge cases than the user forum.  

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report