Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installer of 3DS max won't start

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
513 Views, 3 Replies

Installer of 3DS max won't start

Hey guys,

For school I have to download version 2017 of 3DS max, eventhough I had the 2016 version, so I uninstalled '16 while trying to download 17. The installer downloads but after that, nothing. Nothing happens after I click the installer, just absolutly nothing.

When Windows Smartscreen was on, I got a message that my computer was protected so I turned that off but still nothing happens. I even checked my taskmanager to see if there were new activities but everything stays the same

I tried rebooting, safe mode, compatibility with windows 8.1 and 7 and administrator, it just won't start... I am getting extremly frustrated by it because I got really slow internet and I need 3DS max ASAP for school or I'll start running behind on my assignments.

Is there anyone who knows something that might help? I'd highly appreciate it!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you use the "Install Now " option, or the Virtual Agent?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

As mentioned above you want to make sure you are using another method and preparing your system. If you are using a download now or install now you want to try a more effective method called browser download via the Autodesk Virtual Agent. 

I have listed some steps to prepare your system for download and installation in case you run into a problem. 

If, you have already attempted to install the product:

Then proceed with …

If, you only had an unsuccessful download: 

• Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit Enter 
  • Temporarily disable your Antivirus software & Firewall
  • Temporarily disable UAC:  Windows 7Windows 10 
  • Download all of the parts Autodesk Virtual Agent
  • Locate the download folder and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe. If you have a permission issue right click and select, Run as administrator 
  • Files will be directed to C:\Autodesk
  • Follow the prompts to install the program

I hope this answered your question or resolved the issue, if so please click Kudos or the "thumbs-up!" Did my response help resolve the issue? Please "Accept As Solution" to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 4
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

I wanted to check-in with you, I hope you were able to resolve the issue by using the Autodesk Virtual Agent. 

If so, please select a response that resolved the issue and click "Accept As Solution" button to help others in the community. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report