Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problems due to previous dead hard drive

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rob3342421
311 Views, 1 Reply

Installation problems due to previous dead hard drive

Hi guys & gals

I should start by explaining that I did have Maya 2014 & 2015 installed on my PC and they were working fine! However then the hard drive with the installations on died and I've been trying to pick up the pieces since. I went through a lot of problems with programs not uninstalling because I didn't have the HDD installed in the computer (BTW Autodesk please look into this for the uninstall process as it has proven to be REALLY difficult to uninstall after this situation). 

Anyway after searching forums for help, and trying around 5 different 3rd party uninstallers (because the regular uninstall a program in the control panel wasn't cutting it) all of them failing to uninstall Maya and other certain software's. I eventually found a tool by Microsoft which managed to uninstall the programs (can be found here if anyone's have similar problems). Since then I've managed to get 2014 running so at least I can get some uni work done. However while trying to install 2015 I'm getting errors.

During the installation I'm getting an error message:

The folder path 'Maya 2015' contains an invalid character.mayainstallerror.PNG

Once the installer gets to the conclusion it tells me that it couldn't install.

mayainstallerror2.PNG

This is a very specific case but I can't be the only person thats had a hard drive die on them before, does anyone have any ideas or advise?

I've attached the install notes

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: rob3342421

That error is due to redirecting your profile folders to somewhere else.  Are you redirecting your My Documents to an external drive, network drive, etc?  Also, do you have spaces in your login or other special characters?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report